Truimph on the Eastern Carib

memabumpee

It has been a couple of years since we were in the eastern Carib and I can not remember how we were docked in St Martin and St Thomas I seem to remember a Tender in one of them My question is we have Aft balconys and was wondering can we sit out there and see the port or will we be facing the ocean I seem to remember San Juan the whole side of the ship faces the port.Thanks for your help 21 days.

The Triumph Docks in all three ports on that cruise. It docks with the forward starboard side facing the port in St. Maarten and St. Thomas Usually!! and In San Juan the Forward Port side to the dock (Usually)!! Hope that helps!!Any more questions about the triumph feel free to ask... I just came from 6 month of living on there!!!

thanks for the info Carnicrew did you say you just got of the truimph we were on it Dec 10-17 western and now we are going back to do the eastern any tips about the ship we shoud know. I am hoping to get my tour of the Galley we did not get to do it last cruise do to chefs timetable but The hostess said this time should be ok I am a teacher of culinary arts and want to get pictures for my class. thanks again

Carnicrew,

Ahhh, found someone to ask now...

We are booked in 8C on the Triumph for May. First time cruisers....

Is that a good location? I had no clue really when we booked, but knew we wanted a balcony. We do have our cabin assignment if that helps you.

Do we get robes in our cabins?

Are there movies on board? (in the cabin or in a theater)

Do they offer digital camera classes on board? I was given a nice one last year by dh and all I take is basic pictures but it has so many more capabilites!

Thanks for your help!

Yes I just finished a contract on the triumph.. 10-17th you say??? well I was there!! maybe we saw eachother!! I actually work in camp carnival So my expertise is with the kids!!Not so much in the dining rooms. i Do know that the Galley is quite impressive! It really takes alot to provide those 10000 plus meals a day. As for the question about your cabin assignment I really dont know them by that code (8C??) Comments from guests (judging by comment cards I have read) The balcony cabins are very nice. The Cabin stewards are all excellent ( like little fairies that mysteriously sneak in, i think while youre blinking, and clean your room and make your bed)!! there was question about activities for children and this is definitly my area to answer, so ask away!!! I will be leaving at the end of this week to join the Spirit out of San Diego so anything before then that I can do to help!!!

Oh yeah, as for the movies : there is no movie theatre on board but in your cabin there are movies that you can order.Sort of like pay per view. They change them up randomly , most are newer movies, some they have been showing for the last year!!!:confused: You also get the 3 major networks (CBS, ABC & NBC)...

for the digital photography classes : I dont know of a class that they offer, but that is not to say one doesnt exist ( you know the whole Million things to do at any given time thing, sorta hard for one bust at work to keep up with it all!!) But what I can tell you is that there is an excellent team full of experienced photographers on the Triumph that if you had particular questions, would probably be glad to help you out!!

Archived