Cabin Question - Two Options

DLaForce

We have booked the June 20th sailing on the Apex and are between two S3 Sky Suite options - 7198 and 11160.  Since the Apex has not yet sailed, we only have the Edge reviews to compare.  And frankly, the reviews on 11160 are not that positive.  It seems the Magic Carpet railing is very obtrusive on the balcony.  Also, the connecting cabin door for 11160 seems to be in the room where 7198 is in an alcove.  But what is really important to my wife is that the bed faces the balcony / ocean which is shown on the website.  When I look at pictures from 11160 on the Edge it seems that is not the case.  Does anyone know if the configuration of the Apex will be the same as the Edge or any other feedback on 7198 vs 11160?

TIA.

We are sailing on the Apex the week before, and I went through a ton of cabin research when we booked last year.... also booked a Sky suite.  We were looking at S1s and S2s, but from what I recall, all of the S3s are in the path of the Magic carpet, and NONE of them have beds that face the balcony, all face the wall in the S3s.  I could be wrong on that, but that's what I remember

If those were my two choices, I would go with 7198.  11160 is on the outside and there is a privacy issue with the side window , people can see right into the balcony

Edited by NinaBlue22