My review of Victory 4-18 to 4-25-04

shelby2002

This was the first cruise for both my husband and I along with our 2 girls ages 9 & 6.

We arrived at the port at 11:00 everything went smooth and we were on the Lido deck having lunch at 12:15.

The ship left at 4:00 and both my husband and I looked at each other and took a bonine which we were so glad we did. The boat started rocking and rocked until Tuesday we had winds that were so bad and at one point on Monday that alot of the doors to the outter upper decks were not accesible they has closed then to passenger and we had waves of 12ft. None of us were ill but I can tell you there were alot of people who were and seasoned cruisers were saying they had never experienced this. I asked the crew members and they said it is usually smooth sailing and that this was very unusual. All of Monday night our drawers were opening and closing and my daugher forgot to put the toilet seat down and the water was all over the floor in the bathroom we were in a Catagory 12 mid ship so I can't imagine how it was for those in the front of the ship. The captain apologized for this and said it was a cold front and he could not get around it. Thankfully this stopped on Tuesday and the rest of the trip was smooth sailing.

San Juan
We arrived about an hour late we went shopping around the docks and got a few things not really much to do at night. My husband would have liked to have done the ruins but not at night next cruise he would like to be in San Juan during the day.

St Marteen
We loved this place we shopped and had a great time. We then went to the beach for a few hours and the kids were really happy. However I did make a mistake in saying well let me look for this in St Thomas it will be cheaper not the case I will say that things are cheaper in St Marteen on certain things.

St Thomas
My husband went with the ship for a day of golfing at Mahogony Run. He loved this said it was one of the best golfing days he has had in a long time. The girls and I went to the beach and then shopping. We did the shopping on our own and well lets just say I went one side street to many and ended up in a section of town I really didn't want to be in and I was starting to panic because I was alone with the two girls. This very nice man who lived on the Island said to me let me help you get back to where you should be this is not a place for you and the girls. He asked what I was looking for and I told him cigars for my husband so he took me to a place to get the cigars and then brought us back to the main area. I gave him $10.00 and he said to me no need I was glad to help but I made him take it. I thank god I met someone nice enough to help me out.

The next 2 days were at sea and we had a great time. The only complaint that I had was on the second formal night my daughter the 9 year old who would not stay with us and want to be at camp Carnival all the time fell down the stairs in the Meditarian restaurant and not one person in that place got up to ask her if she was ok and she said everyone looked at her and then went back to eating. The kids at the camp looked over at what the noise was and they came down and got her back up stairs to take a look at her. I'm happy to report nothing broken just every bruised shoulder, and leg but she shook that off and never once complained and continued on with her fun for the rest of the trip but she is very bruises but very lucky it coyld have been much worse.

Left the ship and both of the girls were crying saying they didn't want to leave. Will we cruise again oh you bet we will was the best vacation we have ever gone on. Our room steward was the best she had that room spotless and the kids got the best towel animals every night along with decorated chocolate chip cookies.

Any questions please ask and I will try to answer. I know I missed some things but I'm really tired now and trying to unpack and do laundry before returning to work tomorrow.

4/18/04 Cruisin on the Victory[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;4;18;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by shelby2002:
This was the first cruise for both my husband and I along with our 2 girls ages 9 & 6.

We arrived at the port at 11:00 everything went smooth and we were on the Lido deck having lunch at 12:15.

The ship left at 4:00 and both my husband and I looked at each other and took a bonine which we were so glad we did. The boat started rocking and rocked until Tuesday we had winds that were so bad and at one point on Monday that alot of the doors to the outter upper decks were not accesible they has closed then to passenger and we had waves of 12ft. None of us were ill but I can tell you there were alot of people who were and seasoned cruisers were saying they had never experienced this. I asked the crew members and they said it is usually smooth sailing and that this was very unusual. All of Monday night our drawers were opening and closing and my daugher forgot to put the toilet seat down and the water was all over the floor in the bathroom we were in a Catagory 12 mid ship so I can't imagine how it was for those in the front of the ship. The captain apologized for this and said it was a cold front and he could not get around it. Thankfully this stopped on Tuesday and the rest of the trip was smooth sailing.

San Juan
We arrived about an hour late we went shopping around the docks and got a few things not really much to do at night. My husband would have liked to have done the ruins but not at night next cruise he would like to be in San Juan during the day.

St Marteen
We loved this place we shopped and had a great time. We then went to the beach for a few hours and the kids were really happy. However I did make a mistake in saying well let me look for this in St Thomas it will be cheaper not the case I will say that things are cheaper in St Marteen on certain things.

St Thomas
My husband went with the ship for a day of golfing at Mahogony Run. He loved this said it was one of the best golfing days he has had in a long time. The girls and I went to the beach and then shopping. We did the shopping on our own and well lets just say I went one side street to many and ended up in a section of town I really didn't want to be in and I was starting to panic because I was alone with the two girls. This very nice man who lived on the Island said to me let me help you get back to where you should be this is not a place for you and the girls. He asked what I was looking for and I told him cigars for my husband so he took me to a place to get the cigars and then brought us back to the main area. I gave him $10.00 and he said to me no need I was glad to help but I made him take it. I thank god I met someone nice enough to help me out.

The next 2 days were at sea and we had a great time. The only complaint that I had was on the second formal night my daughter the 9 year old who would not stay with us and want to be at camp Carnival all the time fell down the stairs in the Meditarian restaurant and not one person in that place got up to ask her if she was ok and she said everyone looked at her and then went back to eating. The kids at the camp looked over at what the noise was and they came down and got her back up stairs to take a look at her. I'm happy to report nothing broken just every bruised shoulder, and leg but she shook that off and never once complained and continued on with her fun for the rest of the trip but she is very bruises but very lucky it could have been much worse.

Left the ship and both of the girls were crying saying they didn't want to leave. Will we cruise again oh you bet we will was the best vacation we have ever gone on. Our room steward was the best she had that room spotless and the kids got the best towel animals every night along with decorated chocolate chip cookies.

Any questions please ask and I will try to answer. I know I missed some things but I'm really tired now and trying to unpack and do laundry before returning to work tomorrow.

4/18/04 Cruisin on the Victoryhttp://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;4;18;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

4/18/04 Cruisin on the Victory[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;4;18;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

We were on the Victory the week of April 11-18. We did not have the best weather either. We had a cold front and rough seas the whole week. I am just thankful we were able to make all 3 ports. I heard some ships only made one port that whole week due to the weather. We loved the Victory and look forward to planning another cruise. If anyone has any questions regarding the Victory or the Western Caribbean you can email me and I will try and answer them.

Shelby, we had a great time too, after the 50 knot winds subsided! Had more trouble with our planes than the cruise, altho 4 members of our group were sick the first formal nite.

We laid on the beach in St. Maarten, and shopped, picked up some good deals for the grands and a ring for me!

St. Thomas we shopped in the a.m., and then went on the Leylon Sneed snorkling, that was awesome!! I didn't know I would like it so much, I'm going to have to get my own gear for here in the lakes.

The food was awesome, the service outstanding! Our head waiter was Roldan, he was just wonderful!

Shelby, what deck were you on? It would be funny to know how close we came in our travels after sharing info here! We were on the Empress Deck, 7297.

Oh, and how long did it take use to find the Pacific Dining room the first (and subsequent) nites? That was confusing, took half an hour the first time!

Oh my goodness we were on Empress Deck 7307 you were right with us and I probably did see you.

[This message was edited by shelby2002 on 04-26-04 at 02:28 PM.]

Archived