Norwegian Gem sauna/steam/spa questions

I just booked an October cruise on the Norwegian Gem, with my son, who is very bummed about us having to cancel our June cruise. Does anyone know anything about the gym or the spa area? Separate or coed steam sauna , size ?   Is there a running track? Is it worth getting the spa package?

My travel agent is awesome, but had no idea when I asked her these questions. 

Thank you, 

Mitch 

We were on the Gem last May and had the Spa package.  Steam and sauna are separate and anytime I used them, there were only a few other women together at once.  The area with the Jacuzzi and the heated lounges are coed and spacious.  I went everyday.  There isn't as much entertainment as the larger ships, so it's well worth the package. There is a running/walking track around the whole ship, which was great.  I did not go to the gym.

I really loved it.  We went to Bermuda. Could really see the island and not just the port, because we were docked there for a few days.  The food was OK, we ate mostly in the dining rooms.  The only specialty restaurant we went to was Cagney's. The meat was very good but sides were disappointing.  The buffet had a good selection.  If I am not cooking, food is always its good. I walked everyday on  the track and it wasn't crowded.  It was the first time we had an interior room (we wanted to see if we could stand being in a small space without a balcony).  It was fine, so now if we want to go economically, we know it will be OK.  I loved the spa, the heated loungers are so nice.  I read 2 books that week.  There isn't as many shows as on the bigger ships, some were very good and some not so much.  I would go on the Gem again.