NCL Mexican Riviera & More

kruzergal

Hi everybody!! I'm new here & appreciate all the valuable information you've all passed on!! I have a few questions:

1. We're getting ready for 4/26 sailing on NCL to the Mexican Riviera. We've cruised once before w/NCL & liked the freestyle aspect of it. I've read on here about the "bar set up" service in your room, called & asked about it & have been told anything from, "We don't offer that at all." to "Sure, we can do that, but only with 2 glasses & peach brandy." We're not into peach brandy, but we'd love to have some rum or vodka - can anybody provide a number for me to call where I can find somebody that will know what I'm talking about?

2. Any recommendations on shore excursions on the Mexican Riviera or should we do our own thing?

3. (Last one) Anybody have any recent Freestyle Dailies from recent Mexican Riviera cruises on the NCL Star?

Thanks for your time & happy travels!!

Someone just posted this on the Sun AB liquor thread, hope it is accurate:

Basically "hard liquor" is either $40.00 or $55.00 per one liter bottle. The difference is based on the "quality" of the brand. I only know for sure that Smirnoff & Absolut vodka are $40, Seagrams VO is $40 and Crown Royal is $55. Other prices and info are available if you search Cruise Critics NCL forums for "Bar Setup".

There is a $3.00 per Bar Setup charge that is added to your total which they say will be charged to your CC about a week before your sailing date.

You need to call 1-866-625-1159, have your shopping list ready and NCL will let you know if they will carry your brand.

I called 1-866-625-1159 (Passenger Courtesy Coordinator for STAR) and asked for bar set up. I ordered Baccardi Rum silver. It cost $40. plus a $3. service fee. They had a variety of rum (and other liquor). The gal on the phone just read me the list and I picked which one I wanted. It was quick and easy. We brought our own Coke with us for mixer.

In PV, we went on the jeep excursion booked thru the ship. What a kick! We had a ball. 4 people to each jeep cherokee; there were about 15 jeeps, caravanned thru the city and then to the mountains through small villages, etc. Fun! Fun! Well worth the $65 pp. Hot and very dusty!!!

The banana plantation trip in Manzanillo was fun too.

Hi everybody!! I'm new here & appreciate all the valuable information you've all passed on!! I have a few questions:

1. We're getting ready for 4/26 sailing on NCL to the Mexican Riviera. We've cruised once before w/NCL & liked the freestyle aspect of it. I've read on here about the "bar set up" service in your room, called & asked about it & have been told anything from, "We don't offer that at all." to "Sure, we can do that, but only with 2 glasses & peach brandy." We're not into peach brandy, but we'd love to have some rum or vodka - can anybody provide a number for me to call where I can find somebody that will know what I'm talking about?

2. Any recommendations on shore excursions on the Mexican Riviera or should we do our own thing?

3. (Last one) Anybody have any recent Freestyle Dailies from recent Mexican Riviera cruises on the NCL Star?

Thanks for your time & happy travels!!

welcome to the boards.. you will love the Star...

we just got back on 2/5... for the shore excursions , everyone likes the swim with the dolphins if you want to do that,,

we did the tropical jungle tour in PV it was 50 per person, nice hike in the jungle, and good food,, a meal was included , and then you stop at town for some shopping, great tour for the price, you also stop by the beach for pictures and to meet an iguana... i have some pics posted on here, look for the thread 1/28 pictures of star cruise..

also search the threads for star dailies,, they were posted on here about 1month ago,, i dont have them still but they are on here.. they were very helpful...

in cabo , we took a water taxi to the beach and my hub rode the wave runners. we did mostly everything on our own, we went snorkeling in manzanillo at la audencia beach it was awesome,, not rough just right and there were iguanas in the trees eating it was cool , we took a cab there for 10 and we rented chairs and the umbrella for 8 $ ,, it was so nice, depending on what you want to do there,, we did most of everything on our own

if you have any more questions , send me an email , ill be glad to help as much as I can

melissa

melissaofoia@sbcglobal.net

heres the link to my pictures

http://community.webshots.com/user/melika091900

Thank you everybody for the info & phone numbers. Melissa, looks like you had a blast! We're really excited & can't wait to go!! :D But for now, need to keep eating good & working out before I get out on those beautiful beaches! :rolleyes:

Thanks again!!

Kruzergal,

The Freestyle dailys will change with the 4/2 cruise on the STAR, when they are expected to go back to the original ports. Try posting on the 4/2 roll call thread to see if one of them will scan and post the new Freestyles when they get back.

:) Margaret

Hello,

We just got back on 2/5 from the Star. It was really fun. One excursion we did was Stone Island in Mazatlan. We got off the ship and walked to the water taxis. Just head thru the throng of regular taxis wanting to take you somewhere and head toward water. (We asked a policeman and he pointed to the spot) It was a 5 min. walk from the boat and we got a water taxi for $1 each person to Stone Island. Once there, we walked up the beach til we found a spot we liked and spent the day. Our spot was a place called Pili's. Rudy was the guy in charge and we ate and drank all day and it was only $40 bucks a couple at the end of the day. Great, relaxing day. Good food and nobody got sick.

Rudy was awesome! He was the perfect host all day. Even saw him waving off the vendors after he realized we were done shopping. Great food! I will mention that again, awesome food! Highly recommend.

Annie

GREAT PHOTOS..

we are leaving monday morning, can't wait. i was intrigued by the baby lion you were holding. how what and where? my wife would love that!!

blairmann

This is the info Melissa posted about the baby lion....

when you get off the tender in cabo,, follow the marina ( or whatever you call it,into the shopping area ) all the way around its about 30 minute walk,,

right when you get into the main area, where the resturants and things are, youll see a lil glass enclosure with the lions in them, theres 1 man and 2 women running it and they will take your picture for 15$ .. there a lil sign that says BABY LIONs... its on your left side,,, the other side is where the boats are docked,,

it was so cool.,...i think they were from the zoo or something

on our picture it says WILD LOS CABOS

Neecee, thanks for the rollcall thread - had no idea it existed - hmmm, should probably look a little more, huh? But there's so much info on here!! By the way, we love Grants Pass....went down there in July & took my husband on the Hellgate Jetboat for the first part of his 40th b'day present! They have a smaller version of those that I found as a shore excursion that we're planning on going on once we get down to Mexico!:D

Melissa, looks like you had so much fun! We're definitely thinking the Jungle Tour is a go! Thanks for that idea & again, love your pictures!! Where are you going next? We'd love to go to Alaska again, but are considering the western caribbean cruise on 10/28 out of Houston. Decisions, decisions! :rolleyes:

I'm sure everybody will be able to rest :cool: knowing that we were able to get the bar service set up in our room! It was so easy compared to the other times we've called & were offered the peach brandy only. What's up with that anyway? ha ha Thanks again for all the help!!!

Neecee, thanks for the rollcall thread - had no idea it existed - hmmm, should probably look a little more, huh? But there's so much info on here!! By the way, we love Grants Pass....went down there in July & took my husband on the Hellgate Jetboat for the first part of his 40th b'day present! They have a smaller version of those that I found as a shore excursion that we're planning on going on once we get down to Mexico!:D

Melissa, looks like you had so much fun! We're definitely thinking the Jungle Tour is a go! Thanks for that idea & again, love your pictures!! Where are you going next? We'd love to go to Alaska again, but are considering the western caribbean cruise on 10/28 out of Houston. Decisions, decisions! :rolleyes:

I'm sure everybody will be able to rest :cool: knowing that we were able to get the bar service set up in our room! It was so easy compared to the other times we've called & were offered the peach brandy only. What's up with that anyway? ha ha Thanks again for all the help!!!

yes the jungle tour was fun.... we are headed to mexico again in november, we are taking our daughter shes 5 on her 1st cruise on the carnival pride...

sorry NCL,, we loved NCL star,, but i want to try carnival again since we loved the conquest..

after that, we are thinking a hawaii 14 day from LA ,, MAYBE

or possibly alaska since weve never been yet,,

and we were also looking at the dream out of houston..

i hate FLYING THOUGH!!!! it makes me a nervous wreck,,, I never flew my whole life until i met my husband and he took me to hawaii to meet his siblings,, i was scared to death , it was 1999... ive flown back there 2 times and vegas and New orleans,, other than that ,, no more for a while :)

sorry too much info,,im just rambling,, excuse me ;)

hhahahah have a great trip !!!!!

melissa

melissaofoia@sbcglobal.net

Archived