Mediterranean Weather

My wife and I are thinking of going on a Celebrity cruise to the Mediterranean in late October/early November. How is the weather in November in the Mediterranean? I want to be albe to wear shorts and short sleeve shirts. Will I be able to do this? The cruise starts in Barcelona and ends in Venice.

It can vary. We just did a Med cruise in October and the weather was wonderful. Only rained one day in Rome (we brought umbrellas) but otherwise was in the 50's - 80's depending upon the ports. November may find the weather cooler. My husband brought one pair of shorts but wished he had more. It was very warm in some of the ports. I would do a mix of clothes, some shorts, short sleeve shirts, and perhaps a lightweight jacket or sweater. It also depends upon where you live and what you are used to for temps. We live in New England so it was mild to us. If you live in a southern climate, you may want to bring some layers.

We went on a late Oct. cruise 5 years ago and the weather was the same - nice and mild, w/ some rain. I would definitely pack an umbrella, although sometimes the ships have them in the cabins for your use on shore.

Mary

Archived