Insuremytrip.com

mv417

I going to purchase some insurance since I may not make it out of Baltimore tomorrow, which is the best insurance to get?

Any input is appreciated.

I dont think you will be able to buy insurance so close to sailing date. I live in Florida and you would be amazed on how many people try to buy flood insurance when a hurricane is comming. No can do, cause the storm is on the way. I know that these two situations are totally different but seems to me unlikely that you would be able to purchase. Why dont you call one of the companys RIGHT NOW to find out. Like I said to you in one of your other posts, if (and I am praying you do) I would like to buy you a drink at the pool bar as you know I am on the same sailing. I am packing at the moment. Who are you sailing with? Its me and my husband. We need this vacation as I am sure you do to.

Check out the Travel Guard site.

Did you look at flights into Nassau yet?

What's the soonest that you think you cad get out of Baltimore? I would also check with the cruisline and your TA. They may hold your ship a bit as a result of so many cruisers from this region trying to get on down there to board.

Still have my fingers crossed for you all!

I may very well need to take you up that drink.

I am traveling with husband, 2 children, mother in law and father in law.

I check on insuredmytrip.com and it appears that you can get insurance up to the day before you leave.

Boy will I know better next time....too much stress.

I am packed and ready to go....My son keeps tell me to get into the car and we will drive. Well we did that once and that was more than enough.

I am hopeing and praying you dont need the trip insurance. Did you buy it and was the price reasonable (if you dont mind me asking)

Edited to add, Seriousley, I'd like to meet you. Once we all get settled in, Why dont we ditch the men for a quick poolside drink? Is this your first cruise?? What seating do you have main or late??

Yes this is our first cruise.

I checked out the insurance and it is about $80.00 for simple trip interruption or cancellation policy, which I would rather lose $80.00 then the whole cost of the trip.

Have you sailed the Majesty before?

You are lucky you are in Florida!

Oh and we have late seating.

Yes this is our first cruise.

I checked out the insurance and it is about $80.00 for simple trip interruption or cancellation policy, which I would rather lose $80.00 then the whole cost of the trip.

Have you sailed the Majesty before?

You are lucky you are in Florida!

Oh and we have late seating.

This will be our fourth time on the Majesty. We love her. Weve been on the larger ships as well but this is a nice getaway. Were taking the cruise connection bus which will get us to the port around noon time. When I booked the cruise they only had late seating available. We prefer early. I will go to the Maitre de and change it to early seating with a table for two. I've never had a problem changing. I would suggest that once you board, check your seating arrangements in the dinning room. I have had tables that were not in the best location and never had a problem having them switched. Do you have any other questions? I have sailed with RCCL over ten times and am a diamond member.

I going to purchase some insurance since I may not make it out of Baltimore tomorrow, which is the best insurance to get?

Any input is appreciated.

Once a storm has been predicted to impact the travel arrangements in a specific area (as this one has been for several days) then any subsequent policy purchases will include all of the usual benefits EXCEPT the inclement weather coverage.

Archived