Jade —Greek Isles before and after advice; Haven cabin advice

renji

I’m booked for the October 10 Greek Isles cruise,  due to arrive in on late AM Thursday or Friday (I can choose either) and Fly home Monday 1245, one day after the cruise (just to avoid the stress of flying right after the cruise and perhaps see a bit of Athens that day/eve).  I am hoping to minimize COVID risk on the trip and thought that upon arrival we might be best off going directly to the port and doing 2 or 3 days on a nearby island, preferably  returning to port early Sunday before the cruise (unless worth coming to port and staying in a port hotel Saturday night so we don’t risk missing the cruise).  

does any exploring before the cruise, even on a quiet island, seem worrisome in light of COVID risk?  We are very careful and wear masks indoors still.  Does anyone know how that would work with precruise testing? 

any experienced travelers willing to kindly advise of what island is not too far, easy to travel, likely to be safe, easy to get back to port the morning of the cruise, and worth 2 or 3 days of exploring?  

is one or two nights after the cruise in Athens recommended?  If we are tested on Saturday, I thought safer to fly home Monday rather than Tuesday, as our flight is 1245 and Tuesday might take us outside the 72 hours from Saturday AM testing before Santorini,

We like to board early and booked the Haven—have never been on one or on NCL.  I know many feel it’s a waste on the Jewel class but I thought the courtyard and sun deck might be a bit quieter even with lower capacity. Just trying to minimize risk but still cruise…

we are 2 people in a 2 BR — cabin 14010.  I thought the extra bathroom would be nice and chose it over the larger balcony owner’s suite on 10, because I thought we wouldn’t use the courtyard if it wasn’t right there.  Does anyone know on the Jade, Where is the courtyard Entrance and stairs to the 13th floor restaurants and to the 15th floor sun deck?

Cabin 14012 is taken. Would we be better off in 14512?  I understand that 14512 is closer to the hot tub and doesn’t have the view of the water blocked by the 13th floor canopy, while 14010 might have a better (starboard) view of Santorini and we can go to the sun deck for the port view,  I got all this from the very generous info shared by the prior cruisers!

thank you so much for any and all advice in advance!

Hi, I don't have an answer, sorry to say, but am following along to see if you get any answers.  We are on the cruise the week after you.  We fly out on Wednesday morning early, so I dont' think we are going to be able to use the cruise ship test and will have to do a 2nd test at the airport....

Jade is nice in the Haven, we sailed in 2017 not long after the refurb, 14506.  It was super peaceful for us in August 2017, I imagine it will be even quieter in October.  The canopy wasn't a big deal, we had it for missing for a bit (see picture) and then they installed it while we were there.  You would just see the walking track anyways. The end of the Haven near the elevators is where the stairs are.  There is a card-access halfway up. The only issue was occasionally kids sitting on the steps (it isn't marked as anything).  We used it to hit Sugarcane for drinks when our 4.5 yr old was sleeping in the PM.

I don't have much experience with Greece except for Naxos, which was quiet in Late September during a conference I went to, I imagine many of the islands are quieter since European schools are back in session.

IMG_3043.JPG