CokiDiveCub

CoNEY46

I did it and it convinced me get certified!!!! The divemaster goes over the safety basics with you, gets your gear on you, goes over retrieving your reg if it gets lost, goes over hand signals and tells you to follow him during the dive. During the dive, while you are sucking air, he is motioning you look around and SEE the corals, lobster, fish etc... He will keep a close eye on your air level. It's a very EASY,ENJOYABLE dive. After it is over, I was like, "WOW, I just SCUBA dove!!!" I couldn't stop grinning for a long time!

I am a certified diver. My sister is accompanying me on the cruise. She is not certified. She is going to take the discovery course. I wanted to dive with her even though I am certified. Apparently there is a reef right off the beach and we can dive together right there of course with an instructor for her and a guide for us. I fired off an email today to coki beach dive club with questions. She (Laura) was quick to reply. I have booked a dive and she already sent me the confirmation. All of this in one day. I am pretty happy. It was pretty cheap too. $40 for me to dive with their equipment and if I want to do another dive it is $20. For my sister doing the discovery it is $60 for everything. They are even going to pick us up from the ship. She said we would have to provide our own way back and it would be about $9 per person for the 20 min cab ride.

I took my first two cert dives in Coki Beach.. I had a great time and the instructor was great. The entry into the water is easy and the underwater scenery is nice. We took our trip in June of 05 and we did not even have to wear a wetsuit. This of course will depend on how easy you get cold. The water temp was about 82 degrees at depth. We dove to 45 feet on our first dive.

Setup to get your equipment on is also easy with the setup at the top of the beach. The walk to the water is short and I reccomend this site for training. Coki Beach is also a great place to snorkle..

Thanks to all for your responces. My wife and i are convinced that we should take this beginner's class. If we really enjoy it, we will go for the 2nd dive for $ 40. If not we will have our masks and snorkles for the rest of the day.

I am now happy that the snuba people are closed on Sundays in St Thomas. that was our original plan, but we didn't want to spend the time ferrying back and forth to St John.

Scuba we will go. We will be there on April 9th. I am sure the water temp will be comfortable, as we live in the North East

Archived