Questions about a Grandeur cruise from a RCCL Newbie

kath1210

Hi all! We are considering booking a 9-night cruise on the Grandeur of the Seas out of Baltimore in June. We've only done a Disney 4-nighter before and LOVED it! We're ready to try something a little less expensive, and since we can drive to Baltimore in less than 2 hours, the Grandeur looks VERY good! I do have a few questions:

1. For those who who have sailed Disney and RCCL before, will we be disappointed?

2. I have a DS15, and wonder if there will be enough to keep him busy for 8 days? He especially loves computer and video games - are these available to teens?

3. I also have a DD12 - is there a lot for tweens to do?

4. Is there a movie theater on board?

5. Are the shows appropriate for all ages?

6. We had late dinner on the Wonder, and loved it. Are there any disadvantages to late dinner on the Grandeur?

7. We are thinking of booking a Junior Suite - are the beds comfortable?

Thanks in advance for all of your help and advice!

Hi, i have been on the Rhapsody, a sister ship to the Grandeur. Over all this class of ships is really nice, and they do have a teen/child area with activities.

It does seem that teens/kids like the Radiance and Especially the Voyager class a little better. There is a lot more space allocated for them, and more activities, etc etc, and I know the Explorer does 9 day cruises from new york.

Will I think they will be dissapointed by the Grandeur, No, as the size of them and disney are about the same, however do I think they would like a bigger ship better, yes.

The main shows are appropriate for EVERYONE, but there are some gameshows, or late night shows later in the evening that are not appropriate for under 18 (Like the Quest, Love and Marrage, or late night comedians).

No there is not a movie theatre on board, they may use the main theater later at night or during the day to show movies.

Scott

1. For those who who have sailed Disney and RCCL before, will we be disappointed?

Not Applicable

2. I have a DS15, and wonder if there will be enough to keep him busy for 8 days? He especially loves computer and video games - are these available to teens?

I sailed when I was 18, and also like computer and video games. I found that there was just too much to do on the ship to even worry about games. Meeting new people is really fun. I'm not sure if he's the outgoing type, but even if he isn't, he will definately meet people and have a great time. I went on a 9 day Grandeur sailing and loved it.

3. I also have a DD12 - is there a lot for tweens to do?

I saw about 34,643 pre-teen girls hanging around, I'm sure she'll be fine

4. Is there a movie theater on board?

Yes, it's in the main theatre. They do gameshows and such there, but on sea days they show movies.

5. Are the shows appropriate for all ages?

For the most part, yes. There is some innuendo at times, and sometimes the guests say some foul things, and curse. That was just on the honeymooners game though. There are plenty of shows; magic, comedians, etc.

6. We had late dinner on the Wonder, and loved it. Are there any disadvantages to late dinner on the Grandeur?

I'm the kind of person that would like to eat and then go to a show. The late dinner forces you to go to the pre-dinner showings of gameshows and what not. If I did it again, I would go for an early dinner in order to catch the later showings, since I'm a night owl.

7. We are thinking of booking a Junior Suite - are the beds comfortable?

Not Applicable

They'll have a great time :)

Archived