Excursions with young child

scchristensen95

My wife and I have a cruise coming in January, and we are taking our 18 month old with us. We have looked at their website and can't find any excursions that include children that age. Did the ship have any extra, simple excursions, that weren't listed on the website? Things like tours or bus rides would be good enough for us even. I remember when we went to Jamaica with carnival they had a bus tour that I hadn't seen online but was only available to book on the ship, so I was wondering if msc had anything like that??

We too will be traveling with child in January. I may be wrong, but from what we read basically, unless we pay for MSC excursion (that’s open to all vs fully vaccinated), we probably can’t even get off the ship at Nassau.  And it also sounds like even if I alone want to go on an excursion that’s open only for vaccinated folks, MSC will not allow me. 

We don’t intend on going off for ship in Nassau for the said reasons…

this is from their website: https://www.msccruisesusa.com/health-and-safety-measures/caribbean-cruises

• If you are traveling with children 11 years old and younger who are not fully vaccinated, you must purchase an MSC shore excursion if you wish to go ashore (excluding Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve, our exclusive private island). This is to help ensure everyone is following the same health & safety protocol

• PLEASE NOTE: Fully vaccinated guests in the same traveling party with a not fully vaccinated guest or a child 11 years old or younger are considered not fully vaccinated for the purposes of shore excursions. 
Edited by FrostyJoe

Sorry I didn’t read your question fully. I’m not sure if MSC offers something on ship that’s not on their website. But I can’t imagine they would based on low number of kids on MSC nowadays from what I’ve read…

MSC seems to be more strict than Carnival with protocols which I think is a good thing…I thought about getting off at Nassau alone and just walking around but now I know I can’t do that since they’ll treat me as unvaccinated passenger..

We were on Meraviglia from 11/20 to 11/27, we have a 7 year old daughter and were also worried about excursions/going ashore. The rules on the ship were less strict than on msc website. For example, we could leave our daughter at the kids club and explore the ports by our own. Anyway, we bought several excursions from msc, because we wanted our daughter also to experience new places. The excursions on board were the same I found on the website. Just look at those that are for all passengers, not for vaccinated only. 
So, we went on msc excursions all together in the morning, then came back to the ship, had a lunch, left our daughter at the kids club and then went back to the port for a couple hours. 

50 minutes ago, Grenadinka said:

We were on Meraviglia from 11/20 to 11/27, we have a 7 year old daughter and were also worried about excursions/going ashore. The rules on the ship were less strict than on msc website. For example, we could leave our daughter at the kids club and explore the ports by our own. Anyway, we bought several excursions from msc, because we wanted our daughter also to experience new places. The excursions on board were the same I found on the website. Just look at those that are for all passengers, not for vaccinated only. 
So, we went on msc excursions all together in the morning, then came back to the ship, had a lunch, left our daughter at the kids club and then went back to the port for a couple hours. 

I wonder what would’ve happened if you didn’t have the all passengers excursion booked and tried to get off the ship on your own….