How does tendering affect booking vs. local?

scottishflower

There's tons of posts about booking the ship excursion vs. local approach (we're thinking of Playa Mia or another beach club) but I'm going to ask from the tendering angle...

Were going to Coz next week - are we better off just booking via the ship so we can guarantee an early tender (ship doesn't arrive until 10am, I don't want to be stuck on board past lunchtime waiting to get off).

I don't mind spending an extra 10 or 20 pp than I otherwise would have if it means not wasting valuable port time waiting in a line???

Or is this even a factor? I've read so many conflicting reports about the efficiency of the tendering process, and priority tendering for cruise booked excursions, does anyone have recent experience with this?

Thanks in advance -

We were in Cozumel last month on the Radiance of the Seas. They didn't do tender tickets. We also had a scheduled arrival time of 10am. We had a ship tour at noon, but decided to head to the tenders about 10 just in case there was a problem. I think we were on shore by 10:30.

I was wondering the same thing and I ususally book privately. However, in Coz this year I may book thru ship. I've seen many comments about ship tour people getting off first and those without ship excursions had to wait. Could cause hour(s) delay. Cozumel typically has lots of ships in port at once and now that they don't have piers where passengers can just walk off - everyone has to wait for a tender on all those ships.

Archived