Fly cruise testing etc

Sorry - this has been asked and answered before - but I am still confused 

Marella in may - flying Gatwick to Dubrovnik then cruise 7 nights then 3 nights hotel then fly back. Visiting Croatia and Italy.

Assuming I don’t need a test on return - as things stand now 

1. do I need a preflight and or precruise test before the flight out ?

2. when do I fill in the passenger locator form ? 
before flight out ? 

3. do I put on the form it’s a cruise or a flight or can you put both on ?

4. assume I have to check and fill in Croatia and Italy entry forms as required before the flight ?

5. Two of us travelling together as a couple - do we need separate forms or can you add both of our details on one form ? Or forms ?

what is the point of a locator form if no testing on return is needed anymore  ? Madness surely ?

Confused as it’s a fly and cruise and can’t find anything specific to this that’s absolutely clear.

Love to get this nailed and in my head !

Thanks 

paul

1 hour ago, paulatsea said:

Sorry - this has been asked and answered before - but I am still confused 

Marella in may - flying Gatwick to Dubrovnik then cruise 7 nights then 3 nights hotel then fly back. Visiting Croatia and Italy.

Assuming I don’t need a test on return - as things stand now 

1. do I need a preflight and or precruise test before the flight out ?

2. when do I fill in the passenger locator form ? 
before flight out ? 

3. do I put on the form it’s a cruise or a flight or can you put both on ?

4. assume I have to check and fill in Croatia and Italy entry forms as required before the flight ?

5. Two of us travelling together as a couple - do we need separate forms or can you add both of our details on one form ? Or forms ?

what is the point of a locator form if no testing on return is needed anymore  ? Madness surely ?

Confused as it’s a fly and cruise and can’t find anything specific to this that’s absolutely clear.

Love to get this nailed and in my head !

Thanks 

paul

To be honest its totally pointless even thinking about such things at the moment , just look how much things have changed here over the last month ,anybody that can predict the situation in may wants to be getting some lottery tickets bought

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, okavango said:

To be honest its totally pointless even thinking about such things at the moment , just look how much things have changed here over the last month ,anybody that can predict the situation in may wants to be getting some lottery tickets bought

You are right - I just wanted to know how it works now - for future ref ! 

At the moment TUI require a lateral flow test after 9pm the evening before you fly (unless the destination country needs more).  You need to do the UK locator form for each individual less than 48 hours before you fly home - TUI give free access to the Internet on the ship for this purpose. There is an option to do it earlier if you cruise from a UK port but not on a fly cruise.

The locator form could still be used for track and trace if another passenger subsequently has a positive test. It is also where they check your vaccine status - you need to scan the QR code of the vaccine passport.

But things will change by May!

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, AlanCruise said:

At the moment TUI require a lateral flow test after 9pm the evening before you fly (unless the destination country needs more).  You need to do the UK locator form for each individual less than 48 hours before you fly home - TUI give free access to the Internet on the ship for this purpose. There is an option to do it earlier if you cruise from a UK port but not on a fly cruise.

The locator form could still be used for track and trace if another passenger subsequently has a positive test. It is also where they check your vaccine status - you need to scan the QR code of the vaccine passport.

Thanks very much Alan - that’s really helpful. I’ve got it now. 

28 minutes ago, AlanCruise said:

So as I am staying in a hotel after the cruise for 3 days , I do the locator forms at the hotel less than 48 hours before we fly back - right ?

1 hour ago, idh2019 said:

Nobody knows!

Check the destination country requirements nearer the time.

Interested in what the rules are now. Destination country would be England in this case as returning home from the hotel.

5 minutes ago, DiLC said:

Hi 

What happens if your 9pm chronomics test doesn’t work? Is there a back up system?

Thanks

Hi - this is my fear as well  - I’ve been looking at Gatwick airport testing - drive through or shuttle bus -- on the P&O forum - P&O fly cruise organise the Gatwick testing for you apparently.

I’d much rather do it that way. 
Marella don’t provide this -  but I would pay extra to have it done at a test site at the airport.

paul

Thank you. I feel so out of my depth and out of control which is something I have never felt before. I really am sorry we decided to take the family on a trip of a lifetime which is turning out to be my worst nightmare after three cancellations. 

however I would appreciate it if someone could direct me to a step by step route to get six of us through the chronomics test. The video totally threw nd going between computer and laptop. 
I can’t be the only one literally if not yet figuratively all at sea?

No. Two week cruise. I have the tests but noticed they are showing as still in transit in website order. I’m waiting for a reply to my email!!

I could do with knowing the process in detail especially do I test us all at the same time after 9pm and do the register test and upload photos 

but also do I do all this on a phone or laptop? 
I am beginning to feel very stupid at not having a handle on it and as m terrified if one doesn’t work. Anyone else like this 

So it is a fly cruise !

you test everyone who needs testing after 9pm the night before the flight.

Upload the photos etc.

laptop or phone will work if they can get onto the internet and use 4G if no WiFi available .

then wait for confirmation email with certificates.

Good luck .

Thanks. Would you know if I test us all then do the paperwork   All post 9 pm of course. Or do I have to do each of us individually and wait six separate fifteen minutes?

Could I do us all more or less at same time and then take photo but upload each one but as a block?

Sorry if I sound as stupid as I feel 

Reply to PaulAtSea - you need to do the locator form for return to UK within 48 hours of your return (I think of the arrival time?). It doesn't matter if you are coming from the ship or a hotel. The only exception seems to be for cruises directly from a UK port where there is a longer deadline.

And regarding a test failure you can probably do it again at the airport. We only booked the day before for fly cruise to Canaries so no time for Chronomics package. We did a test at the airport (Bristol) before the flight. Costs more but got results in about 30mins.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, AlanCruise said:

Reply to PaulAtSea - you need to do the locator form for return to UK within 48 hours of your return (I think of the arrival time?). It doesn't matter if you are coming from the ship or a hotel. The only exception seems to be for cruises directly from a UK port where there is a longer deadline.

And regarding a test failure you can probably do it again at the airport. We only booked the day before for fly cruise to Canaries so no time for Chronomics package. We did a test at the airport (Bristol) before the flight. Costs more but got results in about 30mins.

Thanks Alan