And Now For Something Completely Different

ALD18

We've got all our COVID shots and are good to go.  We're constantly watching government and cruise line web pages specific to our cruise for rule changes and updates.  We understand what tests we need to do, where, and when to get tested to go to US, get on ship, and come home.  We plan to have everything document wise on our phones, tablets, and a paper copy to make sure that all falls in place.  Flights are booked, hotel rooms booked, and vacation time enviously approved. We have all the details under wrap....I hope.  If not we can and will eagerly adapt.  We don't go until May, but WE ARE SO FRIGGING EXCITED to finally take a vacation we can hardly stand it😀  60+ year old children I guess😀  Sure we understand the risks, the bureaucracy, and the anxiety with going, but we're both comfortable with it, anxiety levels have dropped significantly, and we are willing and raring to go!!!!  It's been comforting to share and receive information on here to help keep us and others on the proper path forward.  THANKS TO ALL YOU CANADIAN CRUISE CRITIC FRIENDS AND HOPEFULLY WE CROSS PATHS IN THE FUTURE.  Best of luck with your plans and hope you hit the high seas soon too😀 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

ABSOLUTELY love this post.  Although I am still so very new to cruising the passion that bleeds through on CC for those that enjoy this type of leisure is truly infectious.  Our other leisure activities are going to Vegas each year (our next trip is in April) and I participate in a very active forum concerning all things Vegas.  It was such an experience watching things progress and discussing the pitfalls and concerns for Canadians traveling there.  However, cruising just seems to have that extra little 'ummmppphh' when it comes to abiding by all the restrictions and in's and out's of the various lines.  It was quite the experience for me to plan out our first ever cruise back in Jan.  Thankfully it all worked out, but the truth is I think we all know we need a Plan A/B/C heck even D.  

To all that love cruising I hope you all enjoy that first drink onboard after a long pause.  Please continue to post your experiences and of course lots of pictures along the way!