Issue buying excursion (error)

The same with me, goes into my cart, charges my credit card as pending and nothing. Called Royal Carribean, stayed on the phone for 3 hours, they do say I'm not the only one. Chliche in their system. Escalated to resolutions. Told that I should try again next week and if the promotion is less, too bad! After fighting another hour, supervisor agreed to hold the price at what is in my cart. AMazing that they know its an issue and the can't fix it.

Edited by Rsmith95
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rsmith95 said:

The same with me, goes into my cart, charges my credit card as pending and nothing. Called Royal Carribean, stayed on the phone for 3 hours, they do say I'm not the only one. Chliche in their system. Escalated to resolutions. Told that I should try again next week and if the promotion is less, too bad! After fighting another hour, supervisor agreed to hold the price at what is in my cart. AMazing that they know its an issue and the can't fix it.

If it's in your cart it should keep the discounting. Fingers crossed for you. 

The discount I saw today was 10% when I checked out but had 25% in my cart. 

Being I booked this crusie thru Hilton Grand Vacations, I called them and they were able to do the booking. They wanted to charge me more, but there were notes on my account fromm RCC and they held the price and gave me 90.00 in Crusie ship credits. Win Win!!

Good luck! Call RCC and tell them since its a chliche in their system they need to honor the cart price when you tried to book it originally. Speak to someone in resolutions.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having this same issue for an August 2022 cruise to Alaska! I tried to purchase an excursion in Ketchikan, I received an error. I asked my Dad (We are using his card for this one) if he received a notice from his bank about trying to make a (possibly flagged as unusual) charge. He said no. So, I called RCL on Saturday around 5:45pm. The representative tried to book and also failed. She told me she would not be able to forward me to anyone else, as they close at 6:00pm (It was now 5:58). She said she will put a note on my account. I said well will someone call me back? She said if I wish, I said yes. Sunday comes around, no call. I try to book it again (now, using my credit card) and it failed. I called RCL again, the representative tried, she said she got the excursion and asked for my email to send me the confirmation. I gave it to her, she told me I would receive it shortly. I asked for a confirmation number in the meantime and she gave me one. Over an hour goes by, it's still not in my planner and I did not receive an email. I call RCL again. The representative this time said there is no record of a confirmation, nothing in my file. She sees a note from other reps but nothing has been charged or is pending. She asks me for the number on the excursion, I tell her - she then reads back the excursion and I tell her No and tell her the name of the excursion, She then looks it up by name and finds it; she asks if I want her to book the excursion. I said no thank you and I decided to try again Monday. Monday rolls around, and I see I have a charge! Oy. Does anyone know the best way to go about this? Feeling defeated after getting no where with the reps. Should I just dispute it with my CC?

Update: I called RCL again and my card was charged AGAIN with no resolve. They put an IT ticket in but they said it could take a week and is no guarantee I will get this since now he says there are only “2 spots left”. I asked why others are able to book it while I’m not and he didn’t know. He then tried to sell me a photo package! :(