IONA Entertainment Booking

Origindisney

I have had two emails from P&O inviting me to book Entertainment & Dining for our Cruise on the 4th June.

I have been able to book some Dining, but when you try and book Entertainment is informs you the these events are not Bookable.

Anyone else having the same same problem.

3 hours ago, Fionboard said:

Mask wearing was compulsory in theatre two weeks ago. Has it changed now?

On Iona this past week the only people wearing masks were the crew. It seems that P&O must have changed their stance as no-one was wearing a mask at embarkation either. I imagine from the coughing and sneezing that many people will now have covid!

Edited by Yorkypete

12 hours ago, Yorkypete said:

On Iona this past week the only people wearing masks were the crew. It seems that P&O must have changed their stance as no-one was wearing a mask at embarkation either. I imagine from the coughing and sneezing that many people will now have covid!

Unlikely, the incidence of Covid has dropped dramatically. The latest reported data on positive cases were the lowest they have been since May 2021. You are now more likely to catch one of the nasty cough & colds that are going around than Covid.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

Unlikely, the incidence of Covid has dropped dramatically. The latest reported data on positive cases were the lowest they have been since May 2021. You are now more likely to catch one of the nasty cough & colds that are going around than Covid.

Is that on the ships or are you quoting UK national figures?  Looking at the CC boards of many  cruise  lines there certainly seem to be a great many cases on their ships, some quoting 50 plus covid cases on voyages.

If the figures are for P&O it is impressive if they are avoiding cases, or are they just not being spoken of.

And if it helps, I hear that those who test positive on board Azura, are not disembarked but remain on board in quarantine until they are negative and then generally fly back from Malta, the next time the ships calls.

Edited by molecrochip
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, molecrochip said:

And if it helps, I hear that those who test positive on board Azura, are not disembarked but remain on board in quarantine until they are negative and then generally fly back from Malta, the next time the ships calls.

This is in line with what's happening with other non related cruise companies and appears to be the accepted norm at this time which is a better arrangement than disembarkation.  Presumably the positive testers are still being moved to the quarantine areas?  There is a lot of disquiet about the type of cabins positives are being moved to on some ships. Hopefully P&O are continuing use balcony cabins for quarantine/isolation and not moving people to the rather inhuman inside/outside cabins the American lines are using.

Italy still stands out as a destination to be wary of with its draconian up to 21 days isolation and it appears The Netherlands have also caught a few unwary souls with upto 10 days quarantine as well.  It's very good P&O are avoiding these possible problems for passengers and are helping rather than abandoning which some lines have rather shamefully being doing.

Edited by Megabear2

On 5/22/2022 at 12:10 PM, Origindisney said:

I have had two emails from P&O inviting me to book Entertainment & Dining for our Cruise on the 4th June.

I have been able to book some Dining, but when you try and book Entertainment is informs you the these events are not Bookable.

Anyone else having the same same problem.

Entertainment booking is now open for the Iona cruise on 4th June, 8.30pm shows are filling up fast!