Policy distribution

I have a family of 5, and the breakout of our room is $4,000 for the 1st 2 passengers, $100 for the 3rd and 4th, and $300 for the 5th. When buying cruise insurance, do I have to specify certain amounts per person based on that breakdown, or can I just split the final price by 5?  $8,500 divided by 5 people would be $1700 each. Either we all go or no one does. TIA!

1 hour ago, crustyfam5 said:

I have a family of 5, and the breakout of our room is $4,000 for the 1st 2 passengers, $100 for the 3rd and 4th, and $300 for the 5th. When buying cruise insurance, do I have to specify certain amounts per person based on that breakdown, or can I just split the final price by 5?  $8,500 divided by 5 people would be $1700 each. Either we all go or no one does. TIA!

You need to ask whichever insurer you are using, as they may have different rules (or perhaps even different rules for different policy types within the same insurer).  And make sure that you are shown IN WRITING where it explains the way to do it so that you are all properly covered the way you want.

And make sure that you emphasize that either all go or no one does.

A travel insurance broker will have a variety of insurers and policies to offer, and to explain which works best for your specific needs.  There is no extra charge to use a broker to help you find the best match.

We use www.TripInsuranceStore.com

(We've had several claims, including some large ones, and all were paid without nonsense, and that's what counts.  They recommend a specific policy from Travel Insured for us.)

But CALL.  The short online summaries can't capture every specific situation, and you care about how it would work in "your" situation.

GC

• Like 1