Wine on AmaWaterways Burgundy-Provence cruise

JCGannon

We are looking at the AMA Burgundy - Provence cruise. 

I see that they have unlimited wine at meals - does anyone have a wine list?

If we want better/different wine, do they sell that, or can we buy ashore and drink at meals?

I found a post from 2005 that said this was fine with AMA - why not since you are then not drinking the wine that they have included in the pricing which saves them money.

John

Suggest calling them and asking for that Im going to guess (and even though Ive been on 4 AMA cruises I don't drink) that the wines can rotate too much for them to give you more than a general answer.  The default wines definitely will change almost every meal

There are also "wine cruises" where a winery will bring their own wines (I was on a ship where this happened and the winery was from california)  and the wine host will buy additional wines in port that will also be served during meals.

I cant imagine they would say no letting you bring your own wines from shore.  At least one of the excursions has been to places for "tasting" where the passengers are encouraged to then buy whatever was tasted (last cruise I was on it was cider and calvados but wine is very popular) and bring it back to the ship.

Edited by CastleCritic
  • Thanks 1

• Host Jazzbeau changed the title to Wine on AmaWaterways Burgundy-Provence cruise