Swimming with the Dolphinsand/or parasailing on Paradise Beach????

Ninner

My husband and two kids will be in Coz. on April 7 on RC Rhapsody. My 18 year old daughter really wants to swim with the dolphins but I haven't seen much talk about it on here. If anyone has any information about doing this excursion like is it worth it, where is the best place, etc. please let me know. We've also been reading a a lot about Paradise Beach and my 15 year old son thinks the jet skiing and parasailing look fun. If I had to choose, which would be the most worthwhile? Can we do both if our ship is only there from 9-6? Your help is appreciated. This is our first cruise and I've been feeling a little stressed! :confused:

I think it would be possible to do Paradise Beach for part of the day and another activity as well. We had a longer port stay, but we did the beach in the morning and then mini-golf and shopping in the afternoon. It kind of depends on how rushed you want to be though. I would probably choose parasailing or jet skiing, rather than both so you'd have some time to do the other (less expensive) things on the beach too unless you are staying there all day.

Chakanaub park where the Dolphin swim is held has been closed since hurricane Wilma hit last fall. I heard, it is scheduled to reopen sometime in April; however, I do not know when the Dolphin swim will reopen. You might try thier website. http://www.*****

Otherwise, the closest Dolphin swim would be in Cancun which would require your taking a ferry to the mainland.

Otherwise, the closest Dolphin swim would be in Cancun which would require your taking a ferry to the mainland.

There is not a dolphin facility in Cancun. There is one in Isla Mujeras but that is way too far to go to. The closest facility is at Punta Adventuras which is between Playa del Carmen and Tulum. And that one is very do-able!

Archived