formal dress for enchantment of the seas

atticus

I have read on the RCI site that dress for formal nights is dark suit and tie for men and cocktail dress for women. Would my husband and I feel out of place if he wore a tuxedo and I wore a floor length formal?

This will be his first cruise and my sixth (all others were done on Cunard ships), so I don't want for us to feel uncomfortable.

Could anyone comment on differences I may experience between Cunard and RCI? I realize that majoirty of passengers will be younger and predominantly american, but anything else?

Thanks for your help.

I just got back from a 5-day cruise in Enchantment, less than a week ago, and I can tell you a tux and long dress would not be out of place on formal night. I saw mostly dark suits on men, but there were enough tuxes, even on some children, where it would not stick out. I also wore a long, formal dress and did not feel out of place. I think there were just as many long dresses than "cocktail" dresses. (And of course, there are those who refuse to dress up for any occasion, but that's their right.)

Have fun!

Archived