Ever had your cabin below the buffet?

missliad

I booked a balcony guarantee and checked the Carnival website today. Through the Funpass/Gifts Ordering method, it shows I’ve been assigned room# 8382 on the Valor (I know it could change at any time).

It’s a category 8C on the Verandah deck BUT looks like it is directly under Rosie's Restaurant (actually, more like the deli area). Anyone have any experience being in a cabin directly under a ship’s buffet area (on any ship)? How is the noise from above factor? Thanks in advance!!!

We had an aft balcony on the Triumph last year on deck 8 (8C). right under the back of the lido deck. I loved the location...one flight up the stairs and you were on the Lido at the buffet. We did hear some chair scraping above us from time to time...but it was not bothersome...not sure I would have noticed it if I had not read about it on here before we went.

I was in cabin 8398 on the Valor last year. Also right below Rosie's. We didn't hear anything, and were conveniently located!! It ended up being a great location! If you still have your doubts, just take earplugs...Enjoy!

We were on the Conquest #8275 (3/04) which was great. However, we were in #8312 (6/05) on the Glory and hated it. We heard the chairs scrape ALL night long. It drove me nuts. We were with a large group and they just assigned our cabins. I made sure for the Valor (6/06) we were not under the outdoor portion on the deck. It was the only negative I had for the travel agent on a group that had over 500 of us. They have since stopped booking those cabins. I may not have been the only one awake all night listening to those blasted chairs scrape the wood floor.

Archived