Certificate of Recovery Questions

1 minute ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

How do you know if using a COR will affect disembarking at ports?

It’s in the Royal FAQs, from the link posted earlier.

The following ports are currently not accepting a Certificate of Recovery for debarkation:

• St. Kitts
  • Panama
  • Panama Canal
  • Jamaica
  • Bonaire
  • St. Lucia
  • Guatemala
  • Colombia
  • Trinidad & Tobago
  • St. Vincent
  • the Grenadines
  • Haiti
  • Cayman Islands
  • Bermuda

mac_tlc

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

My daughter is navigating these waters right now too. Entire family positive last weekend, we have a cruise on 8/14. Two vaccinated adults, one vaccinated child, one not-fully-vaccinated child. 

At this point, the plan is to get the COR for the not-fully vaccinated child, and maybe everyone. Hope is that the COR eliminates the at-the-pier test. She already made an appointment for the PCR test three days prior, which will most likely be positive. But, she will have the COR. 

For the other three, where two-day prior antigen tests are required, the COR may not be necessary but can provide insurance, I guess. Their antigen tests should be negative by then as it will be 21 days after symptom onset. 

Using the COR will mean the youngest cannot disembark in Jamaica or Labadee. That’s another reason we would like to not have to use a COR for the other three. 

Did you ever get a response from Royal?

mac_tlc

No response from Royal. I'm reasonably confident that the COR will be accepted, based on Royal's own language in the FAQ, but I'm pretty paranoid anyway. 

• Like 1

On 7/28/2022 at 5:53 PM, Jaedog105 said:

Can't vouch for the full process because I haven't had the appointment yet, but I made the appointment on QuickMD and it was very straightforward. 

As an update, I had my video appointment today and it was extremely quick and easy. The provider asked to verify the dates (they had me upload the positive PCR test to their system in advance) and whether I still had any symptoms. Once that was done, we ended the call and I had a Document of Recovery which appears to meet all of Royal's standards within 10 minutes.