Carnival Glory review 14th to the 21st August. How do long Carnival cruises vs short 7 days compare?

Velvetwater

Hi all

I am going to do a category based review of our recent Glory sailing. We were on her from the 14th to the 21st of August This year. This was our first 7 day cruise with Carnival as opposed to our usual 12/13 day journey style and European cruises with them. We are also a British couple in our mid 30s who have no brand loyalty to any line and have tried most of the mass market lines including a covid strict princess cruise last summer in the UK.

We also chose this cruise as New Orleans has been on our city bucket list for a while so we had a mini break there too. I'll add a bit about how it is to sail from and what we did there.

• Like 3

Booking

We booked this cruise 3 weeks beforehand. Very last minute for a long distance but as our 10th Wedding anniversary Cruise had been covid cancelled and we have plans to start a family soon we thought we should just pull the trigger. My new job and illness had made us pause cruising this year initially.Flights were the usual pricey summer holiday affair but as teachers this is what we know. Last minute prices were not too bad at all and with our cruise being ridiculously cheap with cheers thrown in all it took was some Belgian beers, My tablet and we were booked! My husband was away at friends bingeing on star trek and wine so I booked alone. He was excited enough to message me back so Cruises beat Sci Fi.....it's official.

Also booked 3 nights in NOLA in the Troubador (Highly recommended) and direct BA flight from London Heathrow to Louis Armstrong there (fantastic) and AA return with a stop in Dallas (twats).

Edited by Velvetwater