Plage d'Argent by boat/taxi?

uprivermama

We will be in Ajaccio via the NCL Epic and would like to visit Plage d'Argent. I've read that one can catch a speedboat from the port area that will take you there, which seems to be faster than via land taxi. Is anyone familiar with this practice? I would like to know more about availability, cost, and how to arrange the return trip. Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

Should you get no responses with the specific info you need, you could try contacting the local Ajaccio Tourist Info Office as they may be able to advise.

You would also need to check if the boat run is seasonal or weekends only, or if it runs daily throughout the year.

There are a number of beaches in or very close to Ajaccio itself so it might be worth checking online  reviews of these in case you need a plan B.

Edited by edinburgher

• 3 weeks later...

We have been back from our cruise for a few weeks now and I wanted to report back on this topic. We ended up taking a water shuttle to Porticcio and enjoyed a lovely afternoon at the beach there. The process could not have been easier. We walked off the ship, headed toward the beautiful little harbor adjacent to the cruise dock, and found the ticket merchant near where vendors set up their stalls. We were able to pay via credit card, and the fare was a very reason 8 euro round trip. The boat ride was about 20-30 minutes, and there were both inside and outside seating for passengers.

When we arrived at Porticcio, the beach was immediately on the left, and had lots of sand, space, and a roped off swimming area. We didn't venture past the beach, but there were some small shops within easy walking distance just beyond the beach. We didn't see any vendors with chairs or umbrellas, so we were very content to lay our towels out on the sand. There was a kayak/SUP rental vendor down the beach but it didn't appear to be open from what I could see. There was also a restroom but it was not in great condition.

All in all, a really pleasant day,  and a really nice break from the rigors of a week long Med cruise with all the port stops and go go go! Remember to keep your receipt/ticket for the return trip, as you will need to show the shuttle staff.

See below:

Panoramic video from where we sat on the beach of our surroundings and also photos:

1. Looking out from the beach to Ajaccio, the cruise ships are towards the right side of the image

2. My view from the beach 🙂

3. View from where we sat to the water shuttle. Very convenient!

4. Water shuttle schedule

Hope this helps!

IMG_4981.jpg

IMG_4985.jpg

IMG_4987.jpg

IMG_4979 (1).JPG