Aristocat Charters to Jost Van Dyke

luv2camp04

Has anyone used this company before to do a sail to JVD for the day?  They seem to get amazing reviews.  The time is 9:30-4.  Our ship leaves at 5:00.  I'm pretty confident based on their reviews that we would be fine getting back to the ship but I would love to hear from others that have done this.  We are on the Celebrity Millenium in March 2023.

Thanks!

• 3 months later...

We were there last week.  Best day of the cruise.   We’ve booked them before and we do a lot of catamaran trip like this when cruising.  Great day out.  3 snorkelling stops.  The last one they dock at a shallow bay.  You can get off and do a short hike, snorkel, paddle board or swim.  Great lunch and drinks all day.   
‘Highly Recommend.   

• Like 1

We had a different experience. We were supposed to go “beach hopping” to Sandy Spit and JVD (Sandy Dollar). They were supposed to return at 4pm, but our all-aboard time was 4:30, so we asked them to bring us back at 3:45 (15 mins early). When we got to the Soggy Dollar, the captain said we had until 2pm, which was a LOT of time. When we got back on the cat, he said there wasn’t enough time for a second stop. So we basically had a catamaran ferry to the Soggy Dollar. I was disappointed. 

The catamaran was nice, the crew was professional. They served drinks, water, and crackers. They brought out a light lunch/snacks when we were getting off the cat to swim ashore, but the crew finished all the food while we were ashore, so there were only crackers for a snack. Drinks included beer, truly, rum punch, water, soda. 

It was a nice day, so I hate being negative, but I would recommend confirming the itinerary and setting your expectations before you leave the dock. I expected a second beach stop.