Adventure Ocean Babies Hours and availability

grod19

Recently cruised Oasis and had the hardest time getting our daughter available hours in AO babies.  My pre covid cruise on Anthem, AO babies was open all day.  On Oasis it was 9-12, 2-5, and 7-late.  Is this standard across the board now?  We are cruising again on Anthem in January and want to set expectations early.  Have other families struggled to get hours in AO baby or was it just our luck because there was a lot of small kids on our cruise?  If you don't mind listing which ship and when you were traveling it would be helpful to me when discussing your experience

Hopefully others will have more useful information, but I did want to note that on RC the drop off  kids  club for children age 3+ closes between 12-2 and 5-7.  I believe that only Disney has kids clubs that don't close for lunch and dinner.  Princess kids clubs (precovid) only closed for an hour for lunch and dinner.  If you are hoping to have a better shot at the AO babies, I'd recommend aiming later in January (not over new years) because a lot of babies have older siblings in school so the nursery is less likely to be crowded not over new years, but there is no guarantee.  Hope it all works out for you.

1 hour ago, kitkat343 said:

Hopefully others will have more useful information, but I did want to note that on RC the drop off  kids  club for children age 3+ closes between 12-2 and 5-7.  I believe that only Disney has kids clubs that don't close for lunch and dinner.  Princess kids clubs (precovid) only closed for an hour for lunch and dinner.  If you are hoping to have a better shot at the AO babies, I'd recommend aiming later in January (not over new years) because a lot of babies have older siblings in school so the nursery is less likely to be crowded not over new years, but there is no guarantee.  Hope it all works out for you.

Thank you.  I avoid times when school is out for exactly those reasons.  

Hi there! We were on Anthem from NJ to the Bahamas last March with our 7 and 2 year old. All of AO, including the paid-for Royal Babies and Tots, was closed daily from 12-2 and 5-7. We did not have trouble getting a spot for our 2yo but they did close at the standard lunch and dinner times for two hours each time. As we also avoid school breaks, we were on board March 20-27, which was between winter and spring break here on Long Island and in NYC. Hopefully that's helpful to you. 🙂