Designer jeans - restaurants and chic nights

socktaco

7 hours ago, pink tulip said:

I often peruse the pages of Cruise Critic before our cruises but almost never chime in, leaving the shared information to the expert cruisers and those that want to express their opinion.  I know that dress code is a hot topic and people feel very strongly about it. I feel compelled, this time, to share mine...

We have had the experience of sailing when the dress code for the formal nights (back then) were enforced. our first cruise was with Celebrity when my husband and I were 29 and 30.  I personally LOVED the experience!!  Every cruise since we have always dressed up, my husband in suits and me in gowns at least half of the time. The other half is still dressy, maybe a sundress or cocktail or at the very least dressy pants and shirt.   That being said we haven't cruised for about 7 years so I was sad to see that the idea of dressing up is actually extremely unpopular and worried my experience would be effected when we sail next month.

Why would it be effected you ask? Well I love to see people gussied up and looking elegant. If everyone just dresses like they are going to a pizza place for dinner then to me then your experience will be such.  

I have decided though that it is what it is and there is no point making a big deal about it since it seems the majority have spoken and Celebrity has listened.  It is clear most do not want to dress up for various reasons, none of which make sense to me personally because I love it!  I don't mind over packing and asking for 20 extra hangers and bringing 6 pairs of heels and loads of jewelry, it has always been one of my favorite parts of cruising and despite the dress code being quite casual I will continue to wear gowns to dinner.  You do you; what makes you feel the most elevated. Just as I'm sure heads will shake at my extravagance mine will shake at the lack of effort but in the end everyone will be happy doing their own thing. 😉 

Pink Tulip, I love your attitude!!  You described my attitude about cruising and dressing up..  But only 6 pairs of heels??  (Sure don't want DH to hear that someone (not me) can travel with less than a suitcase full of dresses shoes and scrappy heels.  🙂. )

1 minute ago, SusieAV8R said:

Pink Tulip, I love your attitude!!  You described my attitude about cruising and dressing up..  But only 6 pairs of heels??  (Sure don't want DH to hear that someone (not me) can travel with less than a suitcase full of dresses shoes and scrappy heels.  🙂. )

"dress shoes and strappy heels". (gosh auto correct will be the death of me 🙂