Conrad Fort Lauderdale

J13C85

I lurk on these boards and occasionally post. I see a lot of posts asking for pre/post cruise hotels, ground transportation (to/from airport, cruise port, etc) and dining options.  So many of us are "DIYers" and this is truly part of the fun.

For our Sky Princess post Thanksgiving cruise, we asked many of these same questions and the community was quite helpful (quite as in the American definition and not the British, lol).  We chose a one bedroom, oceanfront suite at the Conrad and are very happy with our selection.

Reason for this post is to remind everyone that many of these properties have concierge desks that are able to help you with dining suggestions, reservations, and ground transportation.  In our case, Patricia at the Concierge desk and I had numerous conversations about these topics.  We discussed many of the dining suggestions I've seen on these boards and shevprovided valuable feedback, both positive and negative, from a "hands on" local perspective about them all.  Once we made our decisions, Patricia took care of all the reservations.

As for ground transportation from the airport (and again from the hotel to the cruise port), she presented me with options and handled the reservations.  She even took care of arranging the airport transportation for our friends (who are flying into Miami later than us on TG) even though they are staying at a different hotel.

Cruises are fun, and some of the planning can be stressful.  Please remember, we all have additional "arrows in our quiver" and we should use them. In our case, Conrad prides themselves in the service they provide and thus far, they have far exceeded my greatest expectations with every interaction.

Full disclosure, we have not yet stayed at the property (17 days but whose counting) and I will post a follow up after our stay. That said, I feel there is value in sharing this information now.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, seapad said:

Can you share what's the ground transportation options that was presented to you from FLL to the Conrad hotel? Thanks. Booked same hotel for March. 

Top of my head I couldn't say.  That said, if you reach out to concierge they can help you.  BTW, on the last night of our 7D Sky Princess cruise as I type this.  The Conrad 1 Bedroom OF Suite in the East Tower was Epic.  Full review coming soon.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 12/25/2022 at 4:45 PM, J13C85 said:

The hotel was fantastic.  Room was spacious and well appointed.  Furniture so comfortable.  Staff amazing.  Booked for next year already.20221124_151924(1).thumb.jpg.0657b40d1399c06cc7fa38beee313a12.jpg20221124_152307.thumb.jpg.80e41a238c897e162fca9d23c9ecfcc6.jpg20221124_152143.thumb.jpg.9d134f2823c7df7525b1b9c5cbf3c04f.jpg20221124_152217.thumb.jpg.28708377982e6ad9aff9d9c4b394733c.jpg20221124_152233.thumb.jpg.09dd93aef073ea3f617553827b104871.jpg

I have already booked this same room in anticipation of my spring 2024 cruise. So happy to hear that the Conrad is as good as it seems. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, njsmom said:

I have already booked this same room in anticipation of my spring 2024 cruise. So happy to hear that the Conrad is as good as it seems. 

Photos do not do this justice. I can not speak highly enough about the service we received at this property.  They were everything you would expect from the staff at a 5 star hotel. Very excited for you.

Here are some food thoughts from the property.

When we arrived we did the poolside grill and split a burger and fries.  We each had a cocktail.  This lunch was over $60. Wouldn't do that again.

On TG night we did Takato and it was amazing.  For dinner, we were two couples and did a tasting menu.  They way it worked was we discussed with the server if we wanted to lean more Japanese or Korean (we went 50/50) and budget (we decided $100 a head so $400 total) then each course was served family style (OMG there were so many courses). There was such an amazing variety of food and this was one of the better meals of our trip. $400 seems like a lot for 4 people, but considering the prices down in FLL Beach this actually felt like a great deal (on our Christmas cruise this year it is just the two of us and we will to it again, $100 ea and we will probably go 70/30 Korean).  Nice thing about this is you can discuss budget w/ server and they will do the menu around what you choose.  My guess is we had gone $50 a head we would still have had an amazing meal.

Takato for breakfast (we did that on Black Friday) was OK.  Just OK as it was an average buffet and I wish we chose something else.

Cruise morning, we had a light breakfast from room service.  We split an omlette, potatoes, and a fruit plate.  Enjoyed it on our balcony and what a peaceful way to get psyched for our cruise.

Hopefully this is informative for you.  If you decide to do Takato for dinner, I suggest contacting Concierge about a month ahead of time to book a reservation.

19 hours ago, J13C85 said:

Photos do not do this justice. I can not speak highly enough about the service we received at this property.  They were everything you would expect from the staff at a 5 star hotel. Very excited for you.

Here are some food thoughts from the property.

When we arrived we did the poolside grill and split a burger and fries.  We each had a cocktail.  This lunch was over $60. Wouldn't do that again.

On TG night we did Takato and it was amazing.  For dinner, we were two couples and did a tasting menu.  They way it worked was we discussed with the server if we wanted to lean more Japanese or Korean (we went 50/50) and budget (we decided $100 a head so $400 total) then each course was served family style (OMG there were so many courses). There was such an amazing variety of food and this was one of the better meals of our trip. $400 seems like a lot for 4 people, but considering the prices down in FLL Beach this actually felt like a great deal (on our Christmas cruise this year it is just the two of us and we will to it again, $100 ea and we will probably go 70/30 Korean).  Nice thing about this is you can discuss budget w/ server and they will do the menu around what you choose.  My guess is we had gone $50 a head we would still have had an amazing meal.

Takato for breakfast (we did that on Black Friday) was OK.  Just OK as it was an average buffet and I wish we chose something else.

Cruise morning, we had a light breakfast from room service.  We split an omlette, potatoes, and a fruit plate.  Enjoyed it on our balcony and what a peaceful way to get psyched for our cruise.

Hopefully this is informative for you.  If you decide to do Takato for dinner, I suggest contacting Concierge about a month ahead of time to book a reservation.

This sounds wonderful. We will be there the night before a spring break cruise in March next year, and will be having dinner with a dear friend who lives nearby, so there will be four of us. That sounds like a fantastic way to do dinner. I agree that $100 pp for a dinner like that is quite fair. Thank you for sharing your experience.

• Like 1