Meraviglia - 1 family, 2 rooms

Falcon8

Newbie here, and I booked a cruise for my family as a Christmas surprise- none of them know about it 😬.

Hubby and I have 4 kids, the 6 of us are going on the Meraviglia. Oldest kid will be 20yo, youngest is 14. I booked 2 rooms online, close to each other, a suite and a balcony room. I intend for hubby and I to have the suite with our only daughter (sofa bed) and our  3 sons will have the balcony room with a sofa bed.

However since the oldest boy will only be 20, I had to book one room under my name and one room under my husband. I later called MSC and he “linked” our rooms, which he said would allow us to eat dinner together.

The suite is Aurea, the balcony room is Fantastica. Is this going to be a problem? Specially for boarding times??

Any other issues or advice anyone has?  We aren’t a very picky family, just wanting some time together away from everyday life. 

Do they take birth certificate?  My wife and have passports but our 6 kids do not.  37 days away from embarkation. My MSC Concierge said BC is fine for my kids.  Only going to Ocean Cay. Can't do the web check in because it asks for passport or ID for my kids. 

Welcome to Cruise Critic, both of you!

I just checked the itineraries of the Meraviglia in December looks like Caribbean? I think your concierge has it right @Kuzzinpaul : it should be a "closed-loop" cruise. Guessing you have to checkin in person. Make sure they are 'official' birth certificates and not just a live-birth record from the hospital. (Do they even do those these days?)

@Falcon8 In my experience with larger mainstream cruiselines, once you are on board, the ship doesn't not care what room you sleep in! I have booked my husband and myself in different cabins just because we weren't sure who was going to be in the other cabin, and one name had to be the same as the reservation.

I wish I could answer definitely for both of you! As I can't (no kids and no experience on MSC), I need to suggest you repeat your question on the MSC board:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/49-msc-cruises/

• Like 1