Carnival Venezia - December 18, 2023 to December 28, 2023

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/30/2023 at 1:02 PM, Deserthappycamper said:

Going to try Christmas on a boat. Bringing wife and three grown kids along.

We offered to pay for grown kids and their other halves to come with us, but one couldn't get the time off work and the other is 'meh' on cruising.  So it's just us adults!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

We are also booked for this holiday cruise!  If anyone is interested in doing a private shore excursion with us in Amber Cove (Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic), please let us know.  We have contacted a private driver/guide - who we used back in 2010 - he is still in business and gets excellent reviews!

Our plan is to visit Monkey Jungle (for the jungle experience - not the zipline), and a girl's orphanage.  Let us know if you'd like more details.

Thanks.

Beth and Steve (Chicago)

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/31/2023 at 9:47 AM, shadowphoto said:

Hello,

We are also booked for this holiday cruise!  If anyone is interested in doing a private shore excursion with us in Amber Cove (Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic), please let us know.  We have contacted a private driver/guide - who we used back in 2010 - he is still in business and gets excellent reviews!

Our plan is to visit Monkey Jungle (for the jungle experience - not the zipline), and a girl's orphanage.  Let us know if you'd like more details.

Thanks.

Beth and Steve (Chicago)

Hi, Beth and Steve - I might be interested in doing this with you!  do you know approx pricing?

Hi "daddys cruise girl" from Kansas - will be great to have another person from the Midwest on board!  Would you please share your name?   The price will be approximately $99 pp if there are only 4 of us.  It will include entrance to Monkey Jungle, water, coke and Sprite.  The vehicle is a 13 passenger  minivan with ac.  If you're interested, can we communicate off list with more details as I don't read CC too much lately?  My email is bjdamascus@aol.com  Thanks! Beth

• 1 month later...
On 8/30/2023 at 4:13 PM, nascartony20fan1 said:

Just put this cruise on hold with the intention to go. We have never cruised out of NYC. Which airport is best to fly into? Where is a good area to stay that is relatively safe and easy access to Rockefellar Center? Thanks All. 

Fly into Newark and take the NJ Transit train into the city.   The entire city is "safe" Did you want to stay near the port or Rockefeller Center?  Last time I stayed, I chose Ink48 but I wasn't there as a "tourist" I just wanted to be close to the port.  You can easily take the subway to Rockefeller Center by using Google Maps.  The subway is safe.

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/23/2023 at 10:26 PM, daddyscruisergirl said:

Hi, Beth and Steve - I might be interested in doing this with you!  do you know approx pricing?

Hello again,

I can't seem to locate the email that you sent to me regarding this excursion.  Please email me again at bjdamascus@aol.com   We have actually decided to book the excursion through Carnival - they have one that goes to Monkey Jungleland and the Orphanage, and I haven't heard back again from the private guide.  

Just now, shadowphoto said:

To Daddy's cruise girl

Correction - the tour from Carnival :

Tour with Locals: Sightseeing & Lunch

It does not go to Monkeyland Jungle, but includes lunch, a demonstration of the cassava breadmaking process, and a pananoramic city tour.  Hope you consider joining this as it has gotten wonderful reviews!

Please email me at bjdamascus@aol.com

Looking forward to hearing from you!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

We are interested in doing a non-cruise line snorkeling excursion in Grand Turk (it's cheaper and less crowded) but it only runs if there are 4 people signed up so we need at least 2 more. Would anyone be interested in doing this with us? It is $70/person.

https://www.grandturkscuba.com/grand-turk-cruise/grand-turk-excursions/