Carnival Venezia - May 29, 2023 Transatlantic

mik0227

4 hours ago, gortfamily said:

The tour in Ponta Delgada sounds like a lot of fun.  Do you know the time and length of the tour?  We are looking at different options for the day.

Just realized I forgot to mention that if you do book your tour with Pure Azores (the fellow I have exchanged emails with was Filipe), please be sure to mention that you are on the Carnival Venezia so that he can put you on the same van as Penny and Art!

12 hours ago, Cruiser Art said:

Just realized I forgot to mention that if you do book your tour with Pure Azores (the fellow I have exchanged emails with was Filipe), please be sure to mention that you are on the Carnival Venezia so that he can put you on the same van as Penny and Art!

Hi,

Just noticed you post about this tour, my friend and I are intersted and I just sent off an email to see if there is still room to join.

Karen

Good evening all!

My husband Russ and I will be on this cruise, and we are so excited! We are from Knoxville, TN. We were initially on the cancelled Jubilee Transatlantic, but we are glad we found this cruise as a replacement! 

We’ll be staying 3 nights in Barcelona before the cruise.  My first time in Barcelona, although my husband has been before.  

We have a question. Is anyone fly2fun for their flights?  If so have they received the ticketed email yet?  Were trying to select our seats and need the eTicket numbers. This airline won't use the indicator. Thanks

16 hours ago, Cruiser Art said:

That's great to hear, Karen.  Do let me know what you hear back from them. It should be a wonderful tour and we'd love to do it with friends from our ship!

I wrote them but have not heard back, did they respond to you right away?

On 4/18/2023 at 9:51 PM, Cruiser Art said:

Just reread your directions and saw we can book online and just did so.  Looking forward to this tour.  Thanks for setting this up.

2 hours ago, sunshine002 said:

I wrote them but have not heard back, did they respond to you right away?

It took a couple days. But I feel sure there is room on this tour for you guys.  I think you could go on and book online with them and put in the notes that you are on the Venezia and want to be included in the van with the other cruisers. 

4 minutes ago, NCcakelady said:

It took a couple days. But I feel sure there is room on this tour for you guys.  I think you could go on and book online with them and put in the notes that you are on the Venezia and want to be included in the van with the other cruisers. 

Yes, we did exactly that.

Just now, sunshine002 said:

Yes, we did exactly that.

Sounds great, Karen.  Glad to hear you signed up! If you want to keep in touch, my email is artc6114 at gee mail (type it properly, the subterfuge is to just to keep the scammers from harvesting my email too fast).  I'd be happy to share my cabin number privately so perhaps we can touch base on board prior to arriving in the Azores.  

On 4/18/2023 at 5:12 PM, gortfamily said:

The tour in Ponta Delgada sounds like a lot of fun.  Do you know the time and length of the tour?  We are looking at different options for the day.

Just letting you know the van has 6 signed up so far, so come along and join us if you can.  If you are interested, you book directly with Pure Azores but I would appreciate you letting me know you signed up for it.  Should be a great tour!

my apologies for the delayed response.  We have a commitment in Ponta Delgada until noon, I would think the tour would be on its way to the wonderful places by that time.  We have never been to Ponta Delgada so we'll do the city this time and we'll have to come again!  I know you all would have a great time!

37 minutes ago, gortfamily said:

my apologies for the delayed response.  We have a commitment in Ponta Delgada until noon, I would think the tour would be on its way to the wonderful places by that time.  We have never been to Ponta Delgada so we'll do the city this time and we'll have to come again!  I know you all would have a great time!

No worries. I'm sure that we will all have a great time in Ponta Delgada.  Crossing fingers for some fine weather!

7 hours ago, jkkjcolter said:

We just went ahead and booked the azore tour (hopefully got the last two slots)!  Thanks for letting us joint your group!  

That's great, Jerry and Krista! I think that makes 8 in our van so the tour should be a go.  I will email Filipe the first of the week and see if he confirms we are a go.  You can email me at artc6114 at gee mail (sorry for the subterfuge but I think you get it) and we can trade cabin numbers so we can touch base on the ship. I think it would be helpful to all meet up beforehand or at least talk to come up with a plan for that morning to eliminate any problems meeting our guy. Look forward to meeting all you guys.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, jkkjcolter said:

Hello this is Jerry & Krista Colter of Ohio. We would like to join your Azores tour. We emailed and asked to join the tour. Should we wait or just book the 9am tour and say we want to be part of the Venezia group?  Thanks!

Hi Jerry,

This is what my cabinmate and i did.  See you on the tour.

Karen

15 hours ago, louzan said:

Hi All!

In Gibraltar we booked this tour through Viator:

Gibraltar Shore Excursion: The Original Rock, Shop & Caves Tour

Does this tour pick up at the port? Fits our time there? (Can't risk missing the ship! Lol)

On 3/28/2023 at 2:39 PM, HBEEK1975 said:

This is Hans and Bonnie from Orlando, Florida.  This will be our first TA cruise.

Learning so many interesting tips from all the boards.

Looking forward to this.  The Venezia looks like a beautiful ship.

Hello Hans & Bonnie.  This will be our first TA also.  Reside in Ocala, FL.