7 for 7 prices?

Redtravel

I am watching a cruise.  It just appeared today on 7 for 7.  Excited until I saw the price. The price yesterday was much lower than today.  Isn’t 7 for 7 supposed to be deal?   This wild changes in pricing  makes no sense.  Before pandemic, 7 for 7 was a deal. I booked some.  Also, before pandemic, I knew that if a cruise fare dropped that I could request a refund or other compensation. Now I am wonder what’s happening.  

Actually, before the pandemic the 7-for-7s varied in how much of a deal. Sometimes they were a great deal and sometimes very little was knocked off the price. I've seen more than $1000 and I've seen where the price wasn't really any lower. It really depends on how well cruises are booking up. I've had a couple of cruises where the price never went below where we initially booked - the price just went up. The ones where that happened were itineraries that they do less frequently. I think it is less likely on the itineraries that they do over and over during a season.

I've even seen times when the price went up - usually because they base price on the cruise was going up so after the 7-for-7 it was higher then it had been before. With inflation, possibly the base prices are being adjusted. And I've seen times when the 7-for-7 price was down from where it had been but then the price was still down after the 7-for-7 was over - in those cases, it was getting close to last minute so I guess the cruise had lots of space and they lowered price to fill vacancies. 

My best score was post pandemic - spring this year when they lowered the price on my crossing Cruise Collector just before the price assurance window closed. They lowered it so much that I decided to upgrade to a balcony suite at a lower price than my window suite and still saved a bunch. After that week the price went back up and my fare for was less than the fare for the non-crossing segment of the collector.