Kids Dining Package and Drinks package

Figg1437

My 12 year old wants to eat at the specialty restaurants with us- she is a foodie so she won’t be eating off the kids menu often.  So we want to pre-purchase a dining plan for her.  She also wants a soda package.  I can’t find a way to do her dining or sodas on the app. I can find the place where I can upgrade to 2 more meals for $70 - are the meals for the cabin and she can use them ?  If so that’s a good value but I don’t want more if it’s just for myself/husband because we already have 4 (2 free at sea and 2 platinum).  Has anyone done this and been able to use them for the kid(s) in the room?

Thank you! 

Kids dining packages cost the same amount as adults. So you just locate the buy speciality dinners under dining, choose the right amount of dinners (4?) and then choose your daughters name as the person to whom you are buying the dinner package. You cannot use the dining  upgrade for your daughter. Those upgrades are for person 1-2 only. 

For the soda package just choose the overall soda package and when you choose it’s your daughter to whom you are buying the package it gives you the child pricing.

087EA894-81BC-4546-AC53-E77A7004839D.jpeg

1D974FA7-41F7-4D1F-8424-5141AC5718C3.jpeg

Edited by European_CruiseGirl

15 minutes ago, European_CruiseGirl said:

Kids dining packages cost the same amount as adults. So you just locate the buy speciality dinners under dining, choose the right amount of dinners (4?) and then choose your daughters name as the person to whom you are buying the dinner package. You cannot use the dining  upgrade for your daughter. Those upgrades are for person 1-2 only. 

For the soda package just choose the overall soda package and when you choose it’s your daughter to whom you are buying the package it gives you the child pricing.

087EA894-81BC-4546-AC53-E77A7004839D.jpeg

1D974FA7-41F7-4D1F-8424-5141AC5718C3.jpeg

Thank you! When I go there her name doesn’t appear only mine or my husband:  I will try calling.  Scratch that! It worked now! I think I was in the wrong spot, thank you!!

Edited by Figg1437
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Figg1437 said:

Thank you! When I go there her name doesn’t appear only mine or my husband:  I will try calling.  Scratch that! It worked now! I think I was in the wrong spot, thank you!!

It's the same for mine! I can't add a soda or dining package for my 11yo son. His name doesn't pop up -only ours. I'm just going to add it on the ship. 

44 minutes ago, asmit4 said:

It's the same for mine! I can't add a soda or dining package for my 11yo son. His name doesn't pop up -only ours. I'm just going to add it on the ship. 

Yeah there is some kind of Glitch. Her name wasn’t there then it appeared, but when I tried to add the Soda package it disappeared again…. So still didn’t get it. If there is no discount for doing ahead I guess we can add her on the first day of the trip.  Anyone know if price is the same once onboard?

The agent on the phone told me it’s because 12 and under eat free - but from being on here I’ve seen that’s not true unless they want chicken tenders etc from the limited kid’s menu.   My daughter really will eat allllll the steak and meats on the ship 😂 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Figg1437 said:

The agent on the phone told me it’s because 12 and under eat free - but from being on here I’ve seen that’s not true unless they want chicken tenders etc from the limited kid’s menu.   My daughter really will eat allllll the steak and meats on the ship 😂 

I can totally relate and understand 😁 My daughter started to eat the lobsters and filet mignons etc at age 6 at speciality restaurants. She is more experimental with her food than I am. Or DH (her father) 😶 Go figure 😅

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Figg1437 said:

Yeah there is some kind of Glitch. Her name wasn’t there then it appeared, but when I tried to add the Soda package it disappeared again…. So still didn’t get it. If there is no discount for doing ahead I guess we can add her on the first day of the trip.  Anyone know if price is the same once onboard?

It's my understanding the price is the same onboard.