LeHavre to CDG

mrsbos

We will be disembarking in LeHavre next September and need transportation to CDG. Would really love a drive through in Paris also as our friends have never been. If not, a direct to CDG will work. I have done a search and not finding anything. I know there is a train, but it seems complicated. 

Since you are aware of the train option we will not talk about it.  But another option would be to use the Flixbus (you can Google their schedules) which has a route from Le Havre to Paris (La Defense) and another bus from La Defense to CDG.  They do sell inexpensive tickets (less than $20) from Le Havre to the airport (I think you have one bus change).

Another option (which we have used) is to simply rent a car (one-way). This does involve getting from the port to the rental car agency (there are a few agencies within a long walking distance).  If you have a fast walker in your party it is possible for them to get the car and than drive back to the port to pick up others and the luggage.  Europcar and Hertz are usually about the best options for one-way rentals and expect to pay about $200 (you might find a better deal).   The drive is not overly difficult (especially with GPS).  This would give you the ability to drive into Paris although that is not for the faint of heart.  I have driven in Paris (multiple times) and like most large cities it is a pain with parking sometimes difficult (and expensive).

A third option would be to hire a car/driver or taxi.  But the cost of this option will be outrageous since you would be hiring somebody to do it round trip (they will need to get back to Le Havre).  

Hank

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/25/2022 at 9:22 AM, Hlitner said:

Since you are aware of the train option we will not talk about it.  But another option would be to use the Flixbus (you can Google their schedules) which has a route from Le Havre to Paris (La Defense) and another bus from La Defense to CDG.  They do sell inexpensive tickets (less than $20) from Le Havre to the airport (I think you have one bus change).

Another option (which we have used) is to simply rent a car (one-way). This does involve getting from the port to the rental car agency (there are a few agencies within a long walking distance).  If you have a fast walker in your party it is possible for them to get the car and than drive back to the port to pick up others and the luggage.  Europcar and Hertz are usually about the best options for one-way rentals and expect to pay about $200 (you might find a better deal).   The drive is not overly difficult (especially with GPS).  This would give you the ability to drive into Paris although that is not for the faint of heart.  I have driven in Paris (multiple times) and like most large cities it is a pain with parking sometimes difficult (and expensive).

A third option would be to hire a car/driver or taxi.  But the cost of this option will be outrageous since you would be hiring somebody to do it round trip (they will need to get back to Le Havre).  

Hank

Thank you, Hank. Great information. Have you done the train and if so..is it as daunting as it seems?

52 minutes ago, mrsbos said:

Thank you, Hank. Great information. Have you done the train and if so..is it as daunting as it seems?

We have taken the train between Le Havre and Paris on a few occasions, but never to CDG.  I do not believe there is a direct train to CDG, so if that is the case the hassle means changing trains in Paris (the RER goes out to CDG) or grabbing a taxi.  

The other hassle is that you need to get from the port to the Le Havre Train station or to wherever you would get the bus (not sure of the location).  There can be some resistance from the taxi drivers (at the port) for the short haul routes so you need to allow some extra time to persuade a driver.  We have always been able to get a taxi to the station and sometimes a driver will simply try to find a few couples and charge by the person.  

Hank

• Like 1