Dzibilchaltun Mayan Ruines and Mexican Rodeo Show

Howdy everyone! Has anyone done the Dzibilchaltun Mayan Ruins and Mexican Rodeo Show through Carnival? Is it any good? Or should I just go with the regular Tour of Dzibilchaltun minus the rodeo? OH, and how much do they both cost? Thanks and Gig'em

~Elizabeth

Ecstasy 2000

Inspiration 2002

Holiday 2003

EF Tour to Scotland and London 2004

EF Tour to Germany 2005

Ecstasy 2006

• 2 weeks later...

When I'm logged into the Carnival site and pull up Progreso excursions, the Dz tour doesn't say anything about the Rodeo. It just says blah blah $55 per person, lasting 4 hours. I know there used to be one that included the Rodeo - maybe it is just the week we are going that they aren't offering it.

We're going to do the Dz tour on our own. I think the three of us can do it for $100 or so total and I like doing our own thing instead. That way we can get back to the town for some shopping. I hear the prices are cheaper in Progreso than Coz and we have lots of other things to do in Coz besides shop.

We did the Dzibilchaltun ruins tour off of the Elation in Jan '06 but not the rodeo. With the amount of time we had in port, I doubt we could have fit the rodeo part in without really rushing the ruins. We paid 48 bucks a piece and had a great time, nice air-conditioned bus for the ride, very informative guide both on the bus and at the ruins. Please bring a bathing suit because the cenote is awesome and so refreshing on a hot day.

Archived