Single cabin experience?

heathermk57

Hi 

Happy New Year to all.

I'm thinking of cruising with Saga for the first time at the end of February on the Northern Lights cruise.  I'm an experienced cruiser with RCCL and Celebrity.  I will be looking to book a single cabin for the first time this time.  I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience of the single cabins on the Spirit of Adventure please?  Is there a favourite deck or location for instance?  There seem to be a few different locations available at the moment. Thank you for any guidance or words of wisdom. 

• Like 1

I have sailed in (standard) single cabins on both SoD and SoA; they are identical apart from the decor. The cabins are of a good size - as big as twin cabins on some lines - and have all the facilities found in twin cabins. They are plenty big enough for a solo traveller, and storage is more than adequate for one. They have a double bed not a single - Saga must think that there is life in the old dogs yet 🙂  - and a small sitting area with a chair and table. All have balconies.

As regards location. it's very much a matter of personal choice; whether you want to be closer to the open decks or the public rooms, or somewhere inbetween. I tend to avoid cabins situated immediately below open decks or public rooms because of the potential noise, so would avoid A deck if possible.

• Like 2

On 1/7/2023 at 1:58 PM, Denarius said:

I have sailed in (standard) single cabins on both SoD and SoA; they are identical apart from the decor. The cabins are of a good size - as big as twin cabins on some lines - and have all the facilities found in twin cabins. They are plenty big enough for a solo traveller, and storage is more than adequate for one. They have a double bed not a single - Saga must think that there is life in the old dogs yet 🙂  - and a small sitting area with a chair and table. All have balconies.

As regards location. it's very much a matter of personal choice; whether you want to be closer to the open decks or the public rooms, or somewhere inbetween. I tend to avoid cabins situated immediately below open decks or public rooms because of the potential noise, so would avoid A deck if possible.

Thank you for the information. I'm dithering a bit but hoping to make a decision soon!