Question: Boarding St Thomas

dmb707

Hi does anyone know if there is any where that you can leave your luggage at the cruise port in St Thomas? Ideally i would like to drop the luggage off then go and shop! but no sure now if you are allowed to do this?

Also if this is possible are the shops near the cruise port?

thanks

deb

We have in the past checked in our bags in the morning and went on our way. I think it would be a problem at all if you give to Seabourn at the ship. The shops are about 2 miles or so. A quick cab. But since the ship is in dock to drop off and pick up there might be a shuttle.

I will be arriving the day before and staying at the Holiday Inn. I guess we have to clear out of the room by 12. I am sure that the hotel will keep the luggage. I believe the Holiday Inn is close to the pier and shopping. I'd like to be able to give Seabourn my luggage early. I'll call them tomorrow and see what they say.

Taxis in St. Thomas are by the trip AND passenger (plus extra for luggage).

You can go from the airport to the ship (to leave your luggage) and then into town. Whether or not you keep the same cab, the charge will be $6 - $7 PER passenger PER leg plus $1.00 per bag to the ship so figure about $25 + for the trip for two of you. Plus the $12 to get from town back to the ship.

Re Holiday Inn. They will keep your luggage after you check out (as of the last time we were there). It is a short walk into town and you can walk back to the hotel, reclaim your luggage and go to the ship. Alternatively, if you take your luggage to the ship first by cab, it is the same as the airport discussion as noted above...two "legs" to the ship and back to town; and an additional "leg" back to the ship after shopping.

Archived