What are the chances of getting excursions in a Viking DV5 cabin?

Mcrosby57

We are sailing on the Viking Venus July 8, 2023 British Explorer cruise.  We have booked the pre-extension of Oslo to Bergen by train.  I'm getting very, very nervous about getting any of the Viking excursions we want because of how low in the hierarchy our cabin is after all the Penthouses and Suites get them.  This is the second time we have booked this cruise, due to COVID.  This will be our first  Viking Ocean cruise.  We enjoyed the Viking Grand European River cruise a month ago and happily got all the excursions we wanted.  Ocean cruising is different when it comes to booking excursions, I understand.  I will be stalking the My Viking Journey to try to book excursions as soon as I can.  But my question is: how likely will there be any excursions besides the included ones for a level DV5 cabin?  Will be be able to get dinner reservations in the specialty restaurants before 7:00 PM?  The cruise is totally sold out.  While I know I can book through third party tourist companies, what are your experiences booking excursions?  What else can I do besides stalk MVY, be up at midnight to book what excursions are available, use third party tour companies, and wait onboard to see if there are openings to excursions we wanted.