Excursion group sizes?

marblemel

I have just registered for the only shore excursion I plan on taking through the ship and was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of the usual size of the groups. I will be going to the Cinque Terra through the ship and just wanted to get an idea if this would be 25 people or 125 people?

If it tells you you will board a bus, then you may have a full bus load (or mor than one bus), so around 40-60, depending on the size of the bus. If it says a van, then you'll have a smaller group. Probably to be absolutely certain, contact the shore excursions people for your cruise line.

When the ship doesn't get enough reservations to profit, they cancel, so keep those independent's numbers handy, in case. Hopefully they'll let you know so you'll still have time to book independently.

The advantage in booking indepedently is that sometimes smaller vehicles are used, and you get more individual commentary etc. It is faster to herd a dozen people than 60! You may get more bang for your buck with a smaller group since you can depart faster and see more "stuff."

Archived