Website pricing being weird? (1 sailor)

AdoraBelle

I've been using VV's booking site for quite a while now, so I don't think it's user error.

I start a search with 1 sailor. When I click on a specific cruise, it will show different cabin categories, with wording like this (pasted directly from website):

Sea View
Porthole window for ocean views
Roomy rainshower
Mood lighting
Transformative seabed
from $2,610 per cabin

But if I now click "show options" under Sea View, the absolute cheapest cabin is: $2,847. There is no $2610 base price option. 

Both of these numbers are before taxes and fees, so it's not that. 

It's like that with almost all my search results right now, except for a few rare instances where the price is actually cheaper than the lowest "from $$$ per cabin" number. 

What gives? It's also not a big enough gap to be a solo supplement--which should already be accounted for when I start my search by selecting 1 sailor only. 

(Can't edit original post because we're still living in 2002 over here.)

I think what's happening is that the "from $2610 per cabin" wording is based on a price that would be available if certain cabin categories weren't sold out, including but not limited to GTY. 

For example, it'll say you can get a suite from $4500 on a given sailing, but the only available suites on that sailing are actually $8000 and up. Or whatever.

And this seems like the wrong way to present the info, since it gives people a bait-and-switch feeling. 

The 'from $$$ per cabin' value should be checking against what categories of room are actually available for that sailing. 

In other words, don't offer a price that is impossible to achieve.