Britain at War excursion

Ceegeefl

We have not done it but are scheduled on it this April.  We’ve been to Canterbury which is lovely.  Pretty little town and the Cathedral is impressive.  The Britain at War is all day while Canterbury is not.

Hi Ceegeefl:

Since nobody seems to be chiming in, I can offer some comments.  We spent 3 days in Canterbury (on a land tour) and loved it.  3-1/2 hours would be a real rush.  A special experience is to be able to attend Evensong at the Canterbury Cathedral.  But I doubt you would have time to do this.  From Wikedpedia:

There has been a choral tradition at Canterbury Cathedral for 1400 years. The cathedral choir consists of up to 25 boy choristers and 12 lay clerks and choral scholars. The boys are aged eight to thirteen.

There are 4 universities, and a dynamic beer scene.  They have even recovered yeasts from St Augustine's ruins over 1,000 years old, and are making beer with them.

And you wouldn't have time to do the "roof tour" (long story how we got to do this, but this opportunity of a lifetime would never, ever happen in the US).

IMG_7710.thumb.JPG.23d97b843c8499ee623c3c06c8b7659b.JPG

The Battle of Britain center and monuments really make you consider what happened during WWII.  A bit emotional, at least for me.

IMG_7821.thumb.JPG.190c28c10caca150df59006ad811ab3b.JPG

You cannot go wrong with either choice.

Have a great cruise!

• Like 2