Accessibility (knee scooter/crutches) questions

amandaepperson21

Sailing on Meraviglia on April 2. I'm on a walking boot/crutches/knee scooter. Broke my foot. I have a good knee scooter, but if you've ever used one you know it's still kind of a struggle. I was just explaining the muster drill to my first-time cruiser bf and thought holy shyt, howww am I going to get thru that?! And then I started thinking of all the other things that will suck. Like my room isn't accessible and I can't change it because my kids are in the cabin across from ours. I highly doubt there's a balcony and interior cabin close together at this point. It's spring break. 

What are some things I need to consider? Any accessibility hacks? Do they have shower chairs by request? This injury just happened a week ago and I'm very quickly learning the struggles people with disabilities experience. From uneven parking lot pavement to buildings that only have stairs for entry (my office). 

We are stopping at Ocean Caye. I'm using a cover on my boot and disregarding the advice of my orthopedist lol. I want to see everything. I'd like to bring my knee scooter on the island, but I know I won't be able to take long strolls on the beach. Are the golf carts accommodating to something like a knee scooter? It's about 3" in length and weighs 20 lbs. The handle bar does collapse. 

Any info from people with experience is appreciated. There's so much I don't even realize is an accessibility issue until I experience it. I'm an overthinker. I *need* to be prepared.