So Premium WiFi does work with Zoom...

mkkao924

For our past cruise on Panorama, I was able to truly test out the WiFi capability against Zoom, and I was happy.

I upgraded the WiFi from Value to Premium for $14, so basically $2 a day.

I was able to join three separate Zoom meeting for a total 4 hours (1hr, 1.5hr, 1.5hr) with full audio and video on, and there was not once the connection drops and degraded (that I noticed), which is really nice.

The first meeting was on sea day 10AM to 11AM.

The second meeting was on sea day 6:30 PM to 8 PM.

The third meeting was on port day 4 PM to 5:30 PM (cruise depart at 5:30 PM)

However, I do notice that some website loads lower than the other, and the one website that constantly gives me trouble is Cruise Critic forums (go figure).

Another suggestion is for the value plan to add support LINE (a popular message app used in east Asia like Korea, Japan, Taiwan). My cousin had the value plan and it didn't work for her. She just used iMessages and Facebook Messenger instead, but it would be nice if Carnival can support this app.

I believe the Panorama is one of the ships that has Starlink which is considerably faster.

edit: I was on the Radiance a few months ago and the internet was too slow for Zoom to work. The Radiance does not have Starlink yet...

Edited by john91498

• 1 month later...

We were on the Celebration earlier this month and the wifi (we shared one premium plan) was awesome, the best we have ever had on Carnival.  The wifi even worked on our balcony quite well.  We were in the middle on the 9th floor.