A call for the geek squad! DVD's onboard.

dj_crusin

Will the DVD players on board play MP3's and DVD's from video cameras?
The new DVD players being installed for SOE will play MP3 and DVD. I was on the Amsterdam last fall just after the new DVD and flat panel TV's were installed and used them to play MP3 and DVD's that I had made up from my laptop with my pictures on them.

The new DVD players being installed for SOE will play MP3 and DVD. I was on the Amsterdam last fall just after the new DVD and flat panel TV's were installed and used them to play MP3 and DVD's that I had made up from my laptop with my pictures on them.

Do you happen to know if there is a DVD library available for Cat A Verhandah cabins? Thanks!

Do you happen to know if there is a DVD library available for Cat A Verhandah cabins? Thanks!

DVDs are available to anyone. They rent them at the Explorations Cafe for people who are in the lower cabin categories. I'm not positive about the price, but I think it was $3.00 ... I guess per day.

The suites get the rentals for free. But everyone can rent them.

The players do play MP3's, and camera footage DVDs as well. While I don't shoot video on a cruise, I was able to play a DVD that was made for me at Skydive Hawaii ... of my jump there ... and that was probably the same type of DVD the OP is referring to. They just transfer the video footage from the video camera mounted on their helmets to a DVD after the jump, and put some music and special effects on it. I couldn't wait to get back to the ship that day to play it ... and it played fine on the cabin TV. I only wished I could have played it on that jumbotron in the Crow's Nest. Now that would have been awesome! :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

Archived