Can I get coffee in a to go cup?

erienetuser

3 hours ago, AZjohn said:

A little story about to-go coffee which maybe a little off topic but hey, this is Cruise Critic😆

My first trip to Germany many years ago, I was driving a rental on the autobahn and needed to stop for gas. They have very large places to fuel up right along the autobahn and I stop and go inside and it has a nice little caffe with the old style espresso machine with a barista at your service.

Being from America, I asked the barista if I could have a cappuccino to-go please. He looks at me with a frown and says NO!

I have a confused expression on my face and then he said in English “you can have one here if you just sit down and relax for a few minutes while you enjoy it”.

I’m was like….OK, and proceed to sit at the counter and shorty he places a beautiful cappuccino in a porcelain cup and Souter in front of me. For the next 10 minutes I sit there sipping the coffee and reflect why am I always hurrying somewhere needing a to-go cup.

Not judging why others need to get to-go cups of coffee, it’s just after that experience it’s a personal choice not to order anymore to-go’s and just take 10 minutes out of my busy day to pause and smell the roses, or in this case smell the coffee aroma 🙂

Cheers 

That may work if you're drinking it at that location but my husband always gets my coffee at the IC to bring it to me in the room. 

Having it served in a open cup makes it difficult to carry on an elevator and it cools off rather quickly. 

• Like 1