Norwegian Getaway Streaming

Elsammo46

We were on in January with the unlimited streaming package. It worked well for NetFlix, Hulu, YouTube, Instagram, and my husband needed to hold Zoom calls for work. Zoom without video worked just fine. He wasn't able to go on camera though due to buffering. 

The internet does tend to be based on where in the world you are. We were cruising along the eastern seaboard and the Bahamas. 

• Thanks 1

I always get the premium internet. Have sailed on most NCL ships, some many times, and really do not have many complaints about the internet. It’s not super fast, is super expensive, but can usually get it to work for browsing and streaming (I’m the guy streaming Monday Night Football on his iPad while playing slots).
Like @cruiseny4life said it also depends on you are (sometimes because of internet itself, others times because of location restrictions on Hulu, Netflix, etc unless you use a vpn). 
On the breakaway last Dec they had just switched to starlink and that was an incredible improvement! I was connecting at 113mbps for much of the cruise. They’re rolling starlink out to the rest of the fleet, but not sure when getaway is scheduled (think there’s a thread here somewhere about that).

it is important to temper your expectations though; it is not your home internet.

• Thanks 1