Thanks for visiting Cruise Critic 🙂

In the FAQ, there's info about working with preferred Avoya vendors, as well as other vendors but I'm not sure I saw details as to whether the commission rate would be impacted (reduced?) in any way?

Another question, if it's ok! How long will the air booking beta testing run, and is it automated (SABRE?), limited to certain carriers, or is the booking possible only by phone/email? (Maybe that's just the support service, that's why I'm checking!)

Have you noticed that any agents with some experience coming to join the Avoya network? OK I went over my question limit, but beg your indulgence. THANKS SO MUCH!!

We have so many frequent cruisers here in our community and so it's interesting to see if others would be interesting to find a way to incorporate their love of cruising with a livelihood. 😉

• Like 1

Thank you for your question and engaging in this forum. Thanks to Avoya’s vast size, we qualify for the highest commission tiers with the major ocean cruise lines, river cruise lines and all sorts of other vacation types, like all-inclusive resorts. Only a small amount of business is on non-preferred vendors and while we pay out commission on those brands as well, it's at a lower commission percentage.

The split of the commission you’ll earn depends on your agreement with Avoya and is typically delineated by who generated the customer. If you generated the customer, your portion of the commission split is higher. If Avoya generates the customer through its Live Leads™ program, your portion of the commission split is lower, as one would expect. We’ve found that what’s most important is creating a business for yourself that fits your definition of success and meets your personal goals. We have many affiliates who generate six-figure incomes for themselves while traveling in luxury several weeks a year, and others who are thrilled to fit this in while the kids are at school.

Avoya Flights™ will be graduating from beta in Q3 of 2023. It has a point-and-click user interface to book both domestic and international air. We also have a live support team (soon to be 7 days a week).

We have many experienced agents affiliate and flourish with Avoya, and we are proud to have been named the Best Host Agency seven years in a row. Time and time again, the agency owners that affiliate with Avoya tell us our people and technology are by far the best in the industry.

Edited by Avoya Network