Blue is not a line (lane) you get in it's part of your paperwork process

MILLERVILE

5 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

I would just go together, green lane.  They ask if you’re Elite/Platinum and they will direct you.  Not much difference in any of the lanes when we last went through a few months ago.

We arrived at about 10 am, went right in, checked in, boarded about 11am.  That was berth 93. 

They could all go in a single line together …. The blue line.  Can they go through the green line?  Yes, and while it probably won’t be an issue at all, it’s really not the correct thing to do.   

The process in the blue lane is they’ll check through all of the required items for each passenger, and make sure everything is complete and that you get through as quickly as possible.  The people manning the blue line expect that everything’s not ready, and are prepared to help with anything that needs to be worked on.  In the green lane, they’re just planning to check your ID and grab your medallion, and get everyone through quickly.

It’s really like going through the quick checkout lane at the market when you know you have more than 15 items, but you’re in a hurry.  They’re no bag person to help, so they’re really not set up for a large quantity of items.  You can do it, but it still doesn’t make it the right thing to do. 

On our 4/15 cruise from San Pedro the line for blue lane was actually completely clear, while green lane had a short wait to get to the counter (2-3 groups waiting).  They had a TON of people to assist in the blue lane, and only half (or fewer) people helping green lane.   So (at 11:15 am) it didn’t really matter which lane you went through, and I’m sure they could support people either way, but why not help Princess and your fellow passengers, and do it the way that Princess has planned to provide the best service to everyone?

I know I’ll probably get flamed for this post, but I’m really saying this from 35 years of Operations experience, and not from some morality view.  Each line is not arbitrarily set up, or set up purely from a “class” perspective.  Green and blue are different lines because the operational needs for green vs blue passengers are different.  Going through the wrong lane just makes it more difficult for everyone (except maybe the person going through the wrong lanes).

Edited by WAvoyager
  • Like 1