Cell phone usage on ships????

Lizzydri

Hi,

I am new to these boards and am enjoying reading everybody's experiences and advice, so thank you all for the lessons in cruising!

I am sailing on the Miracle July 10th and wondered if anyone knew if Verizon Cell phones work onboard or in Bahamas. Is there anything special I have to do with my service for it to work?

I am traveling for the first time without kids - YEAH - and me being the nervous person I am, would just like to have the peace of mind to know that I can be contacted simply (without having to use ship to shore method)if the occasion should arise.

Thanks in advance for your responses!

Happy Sailing!

Carnival Miracle

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;7;10;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I don't have Verizon (Alltel instead), so I would suggest you contact them to see how their service is in the Bahamas. We used our cell when we were docked in St. Thomas a few years ago and made calls to the states. We used our calling card minutes but dialed with our cell phone. Miraculously, we never even had any roaming charges on our bill! Check with your provider and see what they have to say. Happy Cruising!

7/10/04 Carnival Triumph

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;7;10;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Carnival Holiday 6/94

Dolphin Seabreeze 7/96 (now sunken!)

Carnival Paradise 7/99

Celebrity Century 7/02

Archived