What's Going on with Liverpool?

anaco_angler

I learned from another site that Viking has canceled the port call in Liverpool on the Aug 23, 2023 BIE on Viking Jupiter. I verified that on the itinerary posted for that sailing on the Viking website. Does anyone have any idea why? We are on the Aug 29 BIE on Viking Mars but so far, Liverpool is still listed on our itinerary. There have been multiple changes to this cruise itinerary so we have to literally take it one day (or port) at a time.

So many of us booked one cruise itinerary but we've wound up with another--one we probably wouldn't have booked in the first place. I do understand the cruise line's right to make changes, however.

Thank you, SteelCityCruiser. That could be the reason but one would think with an event like that scheduled far in advance, the cruise itinerary would have been adjusted from the start. At any rate, I don't think it will affect our Aug 29 sailing.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2023 at 5:56 PM, anaco_angler said:

I learned from another site that Viking has canceled the port call in Liverpool on the Aug 23, 2023 BIE on Viking Jupiter. I verified that on the itinerary posted for that sailing on the Viking website. Does anyone have any idea why? We are on the Aug 29 BIE on Viking Mars but so far, Liverpool is still listed on our itinerary. There have been multiple changes to this cruise itinerary so we have to literally take it one day (or port) at a time.

So many of us booked one cruise itinerary but we've wound up with another--one we probably wouldn't have booked in the first place. I do understand the cruise line's right to make changes, however.

We are on Jupiter and will be in Liverpool on Aug 17. It's still showing that. But how can Jupiter be there on Aug 23 because that's the day we disembark in Greenwich. I think you must either have the wrong date or the wrong ship.

12 hours ago, Krazy4Kruisin' said:

We are on Jupiter and will be in Liverpool on Aug 17. It's still showing that. But how can Jupiter be there on Aug 23 because that's the day we disembark in Greenwich. I think you must either have the wrong date or the wrong ship.

I should have been clearer. It's the Aug 23 sailing of the British Isles Explorer on Viking Jupiter but it wasn't scheduled to visit Liverpool until later in the itinerary, possibly Aug 27. The itinerary now shows Douglas, Isle of Man on that date.

1 hour ago, anaco_angler said:

I should have been clearer. It's the Aug 23 sailing of the British Isles Explorer on Viking Jupiter but it wasn't scheduled to visit Liverpool until later in the itinerary, possibly Aug 27. The itinerary now shows Douglas, Isle of Man on that date.

So, this is the cruise we're getting off on Aug 23 and I guess when it leaves again that day, it will be missing Liverpool. That's a shame.